“noisy & long distance call to (604) 970-6269 that I didn't make”

Travelodge Chilliwack
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Chilliwack
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed for two nights as a getaway. Chose this place because of the price, the hot tub, the gym,and the indoor swimming pool. The first night I couldn't sleep well because my room is right next to a busy street. A/C was very noisy too. I had to go get some earplugs for the second night. I had the hot tub to myself each time I used it. The treadmill looks older, I didn't bother to use the gym. Ihop is right next door. Bed linens and bath tub are clean. The carpet in the in room is old. The room I booked was single double bed, has everything except a safe. QUOTE 1 Double Bed Suite No smoking;1 Double Bed Non-Smoking Suite with free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, hair dryer and safe; Maximum occupancy: 3 people UNQUOTE

The one thing I cannot explain is that I was told that I made a long distance call after I checked in. I have no idea how this could have happened. I did not pick up their phone to dial any number. I used my Skype subscription to make one call to my home. I am not comfortable about the fact even though the long distance charge was proactively reversed.

WI-FI signal is weak, got disconnected from time to time, a bit annoying.

Overall, I won't come back.

Room Tip: Bring some earplugs if you are sensitive to noise. I don't know if there is a room that's no...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We enjoyed all aspects of our visit. The young woman at the front desk - Megan was very friendly, and the head of housekeeping - Vicky made a point of enquiring about the cleanliness of our room and offered us any item that we might have needed. The room was very clean and comfortable. We made use of the hot tub and pool which was very relaxing. A very pleasant stay, made more enjoyable by a friendly, helpful staff. Karen A

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I found it to be very clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly and got us checked in fast. The housekeeping staff were also very friendly and helpful. Got to use the spa and pool. Very clean with lots of towels for our use. I would definitely recommend this hotel and looking forward to staying there again when in Chilliwack.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Very competent and professional staff, particularly the young lady in reception. Room was very pleasant and clean. Although the room bordered on a road, there was little or no traffic noise. Staff in the restaurant were equally as pleasant and professional.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

There has been some remodeling done to the room. However it does not cover up the terrible smell of SMOKE in our non-smoking room.

Room was dark with very few lights. The A/C / heater was noisy.
Parking is very limited.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Tikka47,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at TripAdvisor. We are certainly disappointed of your overall experience at our hotel. All of our guest rooms are non-smoking and are maintained in the standards of quality that we pride ourselves on. Please contact me personally at gm@travelodgechilliwack.com with details of your stay. These information will be valuable for our team to investigate the fell through and make improvements accordingly.

Also, our hotel is completing a renovation with our passage ways repainted along with brand new lighting fixtures in order to provide a more enjoyable experience to each of our guest. We definitely hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Please contact me personally next time and we ensure your stay will be a memorable one.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

They say first impressions are important ...well, they definitely made a very good first impression here. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and made a great first impression for the hotel. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Unfortunately the hot tub was closed for maintenance, which was a bit disappointing. I`d be happy to stay here again when in Chilliwack.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Dave B,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us here at TripAdvisor. We sincerely apologize for the closure of our hot tub during your stay with us. The comfort and safety of our guest is always our priority. During the closure, our hot tub was drained, cleaned, and refilled with fresh water by professionals. Our indoor pool and hot tub are currently in service for our guests' enjoyment.

Once again, we thank you for choosing the Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack. We look forward to serving you again in the near future next time when you are in town.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Very nice smell when you go thru lobby,young man at desk very polite,and speedy.Going up the stairs to our room ,carpet had spills of something all up stairway and down hallway.The deadbolt plate was just hanging there after the door opened,so went to our car and got screwdriver to fix it.The bath tub drain leaked water out so my wife plugged it with washcloth,the sink drain was broken ,so same and the shower curtain reeked of a sour smell.Bed comfortable, IHOP next door food was okay but that was it.Ceiling had been patched but not retextured place really needs some help to bring it up to par
Hot tub was not working pool was very cold, was told next time call ahead we will warm it up,ok well that would take a bit of time,i know this as we have our own pool at home.Just keep it above 78 that would be nice

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room first
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear normann b,

Thank you for taking your valuable time sharing your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize for the experience that you had at our hotel. We will definitely share your comments with our team so that we can make improvements to avoid similar incidents happen again. We thank you for staying at the Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.