“Wonderful B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Riverview B&B
Ranked #1 of 16 Chilliwack B&B and Inns
“Wonderful B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure of staying here for a night while en route to Vancouver. Lynne and Jim were superb hosts. A beautiful house, with stunning views. Can't wait for my next visit and next time a little longer to fully enjoy everything. Oh and the breakfast was A+

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
RiverviewChilliwack, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
How awesome that we got to have you here! It was fun spending the short time that we did with you.
Glad to hear you will be coming back for further pampering!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
N. River
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband and I had a great stay in August 2014. We plan to return in late April, 2015. This is not a long review because some of the other reviewers have ultimately and correctly reviewed this B & B. Our comments would be redundant. We truly suggest that you plan a stay here. It was a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
So exciting that you made your decision and that you will be back in April! We can't wait to see you guys. It was really great meeting you - and I am glad you enjoyed your stay here!
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

It is rare that one feels compelled to award a 5 star ranking to any lodging, but this B&B deserves the stars. Lynn and Jim have built a beautiful home with running a B&B in mind and continue to strive for ways to further refine the experience for future guests and we are so grateful to other TripAdvisor reviewers for bringing this B&B to our attention. The home is located in a housing development a few minutes above Chilliwack with amazing views from every room of the Fraser River and surrounding mountains. The B&B's garden is lush with colorful plants in pots and plans are underway to further develop the terraced garden. The birds know this B&B is a true find and if you are a birder you have an added incentive to stay here - morning breakfasts are spent trying to identify the many different varieties at the many feeders on the deck from downy wookpeckers to black-capped chickadee to black-headed grosbeak to spotted towhees ....

The rooms are spacious with an emphasis on spacious - our family of 4 (2 adult children) shared the downstairs floor and felt we were truly able to relax with all the comfortable furniture, magnificent views, enormous tv, pool table, wifi, fridge, and sense of being far away from the normal world! The toiletries provided are a very nice quality as are the linens. Lynn even sets out slipper socks should you get cold feet on the portion of the rooms with tile. I must also mention that there is wonderful lighting - a rare commodity in lodging.

Now to the food - there are homemade cookies available all the time. The breakfasts are huge - so big that I felt bad that we appeared to eat so little. The first morning Lynn made french toast
using homebaked challah with your choice of many toppings including a delicious homemade blueberry compote. In addition there was an assortmentof berries, sausage and bacon.Cold cereals, meusli, yogurt, applesauce were also available. Drinks included orange juice, coffee/tea. Our second breakfast had almost the same offerings, but we had crepes instead of french toast and in addition to the berries, we had fruit salad with peaches and plums. We cannot imagine anyone going hungry. Lynn is also extremely accommodating about breakfast time - we were served at 6:30 am and her other guests ate at 10 am.

I have the sense that Lynn does her best to mkae each guest feel special, but as we arrived on my birthday, Lynn presented me with a homemade cake - what an incredibly touching and lovely gesture! If you are anywhere near the Fraser River Valley, we strongly encourage you to stay here. The most difficult thing about your stay will be leaving. Thank you Lynn and Jim.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow! That really was quite the review and I feel a little "aw shucks" about it.
I also want to say to everyone out there "Yes I do make my own challah bread!"

Because your review was so incredibly detailed and well written I feel I need to write a really really long response.

All I can say is Thank You so much! I am glad you had a great family vacation, a nice stay, and a happy birthday!
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for four days in July. Has to be one of the best B&B's out there. From the wonderful and welcoming hosts (Lyn and Jim), the spectacular Fraser River and mountain views, the comfortable clean room, the high tech entertainment system, to the world class feast we had every morning and I could go on and on. The breakfast is as good or better than a 5 star restaurant and I am going miss the place. It was a wonderful relaxing experience and felt like home from home - could not ask for better.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
There are some people you just never want to leave - and you were two of them!
We had such a nice time with you guys and it was nice catching up again when you dropped in on us on your way home.
I am now addicted to those little lemon cookies!
You were 5 star guests!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My family stayed for a full week in July. We had the most wonderful stay. Lynn and Jim were so welcoming breakfast was absolutely a feast for the eyes and mouth every morning. Our suite was clean modern and extremly comfortable. I have three young boys who were thrilled with the xbox and wii u made available for them . We even taught the eldest to play pool on the table in our living room! We can't wait to come back and would recommend riverview to everyone looking for something a little special and unique . I could go on and on but just know that you won't be disappointed in any way at this B&B.
Karla I

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Karla, it was such a treat having you and your family here. I was so impressed with the boys - they were so well behaved the whole time they were here.

You are such a great couple and I enjoyed our chats over breakfast. I wish you both luck, love and happiness. You deserve it.

I do hope we get to see you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We travel to Chilliwack a few times per year and always look forward to the relaxing stay at Riverview - beautiful rooms, wonderful hospitality and amazing breakfast. We have brought our dog each visit - Lucas was always welcomed and Lynn even "dog sat' him one evening so we could attend a special occasion event. Lynn went even above and beyond her usual generosity, baking special "medical' cupcakes (amazingly creative) for my daughter's graduation group, a special surprise for us all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am besotted with Lucas! He can stay here anytime - he makes such a good foot warmer!

One of the nicest and most rewarding things about having the B&B is when people come back repeatedly...it feels more like a friend is coming to visit.

It is always a pleasure having you and your lovely family here! Thanks for the kind review, I really appreciate you taking the time knowing how busy you are!
Pensacola, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I spent several days on Priceline trying to bid for a hotel in Chilliwack when I finally realized it would be more cost effective and relaxing to spend the night at a B & B. You will find the hosts of Riverview very friendly, and the views of the Frasier River are spectacular. If you're into bird watching, you are in paradise! If you're a foodie, don't miss this place! Come as a couple for a romantic get away, or with the family for a fishing adventure.

We arrived after a day of sturgeon fishing on the river (coupon available on Groupon and/or Living Social). Lynn provided us with great directions there (thank goodness as we no longer had cellular service) and then very graciously welcomed us, showing us around her beautiful, clean home and offering us tips on where to go for dinner. (We thoroughly enjoyed her recommendation to eat at Kuro Asian Cuisine--see our other review). She offers homemade cookies and tea and coffee throughout the day and a full hot breakfast with everything from eggs and frittata, sausage, bacon, juice, coffee, tea, plentiful fruit plate, yogurt, cereal, scones and whipped cream and more! Don't pay $80 for a hotel room when you can be at home away from home and get the best breakfast you could wish for just $30 more per couple.

We stayed in the blue queen bedroom. Lynn has thought of everything from the automatic light that goes on in the hallway to the shampoo/conditioner/soap and lotion dispenser in the bathroom. There is even a game room/theater available for families. And she works very hard to keep the place spotless. You'll feel right at home.

This was about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Seattle, but we had to wait about an hour at the border, so you may need to take that into consideration, if travelling from the US. We will be back to go fishing with our son, and plan to stay here again. They offer a full suite for families and welcome children. We won't waste our time looking anywhere else in Chilliwack next time. We very highly recommend this B & B as one of the best ones we've ever stayed in! It's great value for your money and you'll have fond memories, so don't miss a stay at Riverview.

Room Tip: It was a little warm at night since rooms are located upstairs so we opened the window, but the bird...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I had such a nice time getting to know you both and listening to your travel tales! I am so glad you decided to stay here!

I do hope you do decide to come back again - the fishing is GRAND right now!

Thanks so much for your kind words. It's nice when people notice all the little things we do to make peoples' stay more enjoyable and memorable!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilliwack
Coast Chilliwack Hotel
#7 of 9 in Chilliwack
Harrison Beach Hotel
Harrison Beach Hotel
#1 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Riverview B&B? Share your experiences!