“Dawson City fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Table - CLOSED

La Table
Cuisines: French
Dawson City, Canada
“Dawson City fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Lovely atmosphere, casual and comfortable. Food is fancier than the other restaurants in town. Delicious. Dawsonites love to eat here for special occassions. Unfortunately it's only open in the summer.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Brenda B

Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“World Class Cuisine in Dawson City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Who would have thought that you would have found world call cuisine in Dawson City? The international chef specializes in farm-to-table (or river-to-table) items. Our dinner party had the salmon (ultra-fresh of course since we are in the Yukon) and the Albert beef (VERY tasty, succulently prepared and cut-with-your-fork tender). There was a nice selection of Canadian and international wines, a bright, fresh and airy ambiance and reasonable prices. This is undoubtedly the best restaurant in Dawson City and indeed the best meal we had in out Alaska/Yukon vacation.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank BTortella
Sewell, New Jersey
“A semi-hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was staying 2 nights in Dawson City and the AAA Tour Book didn't give any restaurants more than 2 diamonds. I like 3 diamonds... minimum. However, the gastronomic gods were on my side! While walking about town I passed a pedestal beside the steps to a 2nd story deck. The menu for La Table on 5th was posted on it. I knew I'd found THE place in Dawson.

It should be noted that the restaurant is attached to the Westmark Hotel but has it's own entrance.

Even though I arrived rather late in the evening by local standards I was given a warm welcome. My waiter (who knew a great deal about local history) was very professional and the chef/owner came out during dessert to make sure I'd enjoyed my meal. The wine list was excellent and very modestly priced by Yukon standards. My only problem was making up my mind between the salmon and the duck. I went for the salmon and it was the best I'd had on my 8-week trip up (and down) the Alaska Highway and around Alaska and the Yukon.

I solved the salmon vs duck problem by going back the next evening.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Barbara W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine wining and dining in otherwise simple Dawson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

A much better wine list than at many fine dining restaurants in Vancouver and elsewhere yet for fraction of the cost - bottle of very good Chilean Carmenere for $35!
Food is a great mix of European and west coast fare - Jaeger Schnitzel, Duck confit, salmon trio including raw salmon, spaetzle etc. - highly recommend for those seeking an upgrade from burgers and fish and chips

1 Thank David K
Calgary, Canada
“Always Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Never had a bad meal here. BIt pricey, but worth it. DInning room could use a little updating, but food is great!

• Visited July 2011