“A great place to be over during the holidays” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holmesdale House Bed & Breakfast

Holmesdale House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 18 Duncan B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“A great place to be over during the holidays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed at Holmesdale House for a few days over the holidays while visiting family. The house was beautifully decorated and cheerful. I have a number of dietary issues and Cassandra was able to handle them all and still made amazing food. The room I stayed in was very comfortable and cozy and made my stay very relaxing.

Room Tip: All the rooms have ensuites and the place is very sound proof.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank hollyane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Glencoe, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I know that my review is late, but better late than never. We had stayed at Holmesdale Bed & Breakfast for three nights in August, and they were very accommodating. We had travelled to Duncan for a family funeral. Having missed one of the ferries and arriving late was no problem for them, even helping us with directions. We received a nice welcome & great hospitality for our entire stay. We received several great recommendations of events & such around town. The breakfast was wonderful each day, even on the final morning of our stay when we needed to leave extremely early. I would highly recommend for others to stay here during your next visit to Duncan.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2, which also has another small room for an additional fee. It worked out wonderfu...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Clear Lake Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I spent a glorious five days at Holmesdale House while visiting our son. The breakfasts that Cassandra prepared were fabulous! She was also very helpful in suggesting places to go and visit.
Our room with a king size bed and ensuite bath was very comfortable and spacious. The sitting room outside our bedroom was very quaint and served our needs well.
Also, the location of Holmesdale allows you to walk downtown or to enjoy the many nearby trails.
We would highly recommend this B&B!
Dave and Jan Burt
Clear Lake, Ontario

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Wonderful people, sumptuous breakfast, great location. Very spacious and confortable. Our daughter missed a breakfast and they packed a breakfast for her. Very nice historic house. The owners were very helpfull and we enjoyed talking to them.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights. The bed was much better than those you find in chain hotels. The house has a great old feel but it's kept up very nicely. Would definitely stay again if I ever made my way back to Victoria. This location offers free wifi. Make sure you tell the hostess if you have an allergies to food ahead of time. We did not know what we would be eating the next day. Lucky for me it was nothing I couldn't eat and it was delicious.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

Very quiet and comfortable rooms, excellent food, they were even quite willing to cater to my dietary challenges. Owners were very friendly and knowledgable about the area and things to see and do. My stay was all that I could ask for and I would come back the next time I am in the area

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

The home was extremely clean. It was very close to all the amenities i.e. shops, parks, etc. I have recommended Holmesdale to many friends and will continue to do so. I will definitely reutrn!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncan
Best Western Cowichan Valley Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chemainus Inn
Thunderbird Motor Inn
Ramada Duncan Cowichan Valley
Falcon Nest Motel
Falcon Nest Motel
#4 of 5 in Duncan
Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay

Been to Holmesdale House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!