“Excellent service and food!'”

The Old Firehouse Wine and Cocktail Bar
Ranked #13 of 115 Restaurants in Duncan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Didn't know what to expect on our last night camping in cowichan valley. Forget campsite cooking... We went to town. Great service by Jeff and nice atmosphere. Got the halibut. 2 pounds of mussels on special and the prosciutto and fig flatbread. Delicious... Especially the very fresh mussels and flatbread. Who'd of thought such a stellar restaurant in Duncan !? But who am I to know...being from a big city. We will be back when we return to cowichan valley !! Well done Jeff !!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Intimate with great service and nice selection of wines. Had a "business" meeting there plus my wife and I have gone for noon time drinks and nibblies. The Cobb salad blew me away (and I prefer my steak blue).

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Such a treat to stop in at this little place after work, or anytime. The atmosphere is welcoming and relaxed. It's busy and bustling, but not horribly loud. The service is just the right mix of attentive and non-intrusive... The FOOD, in my opinion, is delightful! This is not really meant to be a full scale restaurant, the menu is scaled accordingly. Tapas, small salads, yummy little treats. Yummy wine. I had a Caprese salad that was small, simple and delicious! I will most definitely be returning to this gem of a place.

1  Thank dsnewtime
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Our first visit was a special Friday "art opening/live music" do and the place was rockin' so it was a bit chaotic. But they had lots of extra staff on to handle it and we had a great time. So much so, we went back the next day for lunch and, once again, live jazz trio, fabulous soup with beef brisket sandwich and vino. Yum. 10 out of 10. So full, I couldn't eat dinner. Almost worth moving to Duncan for.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

A very meagre portion of food on a bun! Expensive for what is served. A decent atmosphere but not worth the effort!