“Cleanest motel room EVER!!”

Thunderbird Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Duncan
Reviewed 2 February 2014

First of all, the owner (Martin?) was so kind and welcoming. The place is within walking distance to almost anything you would need or want. But the nicest part is that our room was SO CLEAN! This is an older building, mind you, but they certainly keep it up. Bed was comfortable and the room (single queen) was quite large. AND they provide REAL coffee cups with your in-room coffee maker, not the crummy styrofoam ones!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mpobrennan

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I recently booked my basketball team at the Thunderbird Motor Inn. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. New TV's and digital cable offered many channels for viewing. Maureen and Martin were very helpful. The location is fantastic as there are many restaurants within walking distance. Several of our players ate at the diner and indicated the food was great! We have booked for two more upcoming tournaments.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin N
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed for 2 nights. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff were very hospitable and courteous. The diner provided good food. What more can one ask at such a reasonable price? Also it is only a short walk to Thrifty Foods, Starbucks and the Aquatic Centre.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I can't express how amazing our stay with Maureen and Martin has been. We checked very early 8am due to staying at the most awful place ever, Super 8 Motel, and since then we have been accommodated as though we were family. It is a basic Motel, but clean, comfortable and convenient. The owners, Martin and Maureen, are what makes this place truly wonderful. The caring and considerate attention given to customer service is second to none. I will be singing their praises long and loud!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Commando42
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is the second time my partner and I have stayed at The Thunderbird in Duncan and it won't be the last.
We spent three nights there this trip and found Owners Maureen and Martin to be as welcoming and warm as the first time we stayed. They're a wonderful, hard working couple, friendly, helpful and very easy to like.
The king room has a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker with actual mugs, not useless little cups or paper cups.
The rooms are spotless, beds and pillows very comfortable and a huge plus for anyone that likes to sleep in......they have black out drapes. Something I appreciate big time.
There's a clean laundry room and good value restaurant on site.
The location is perfect, with easy access to food, all sorts of shopping and other little towns one might like to visit for an afternoon outing.
My partner and I work in a motel in Victoria and would never hesitate to recommend The Thunderbird to our guests, when then tell us that Duncan is their next stop.
We're asked all the time for recommendations and this is certainly one we can give wholeheartedly.
Try it, we think you'll like it.

Room Tip: My preference is always a room with no one above. If you can do one flight of stairs with no issue...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This review is somewhat late, given we stayed here again back in July, but I chose today to catch up on my Trip Advisor reviews.

This was the second time we stayed at the Thunderbird and can attest to the excellent reviews given by others. The owners (husband and wife) are simply fantastic. They really care about guest satisfaction and will bend over backwards for you. At the risk of driving up the demand (and possibly prices) for this hotel, I can tell you it is the BY FAR the best hotel in all of Duncan.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I would recommend the Thunderbird Motel to anyone seeking quality accommodations. The Thunderbird Motel was central, well-maintained and the owners were fantastic. The owners were so kind and helpful, I felt very comfortable throughout my stay. I will always stay at the Thunderbird Motel while in Duncan as it has never failed to impress.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncan
Best Western Cowichan Valley Inn
Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay
Super 8 Duncan
Super 8 Duncan
#5 of 6 in Duncan

Been to Thunderbird Motor Inn? Share your experiences!