“Good choice”

Thunderbird Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Duncan
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights. While I was there, there was no vacancy due to kids attending a local weekend tournament. Even so, I had a very quiet sleep both nights. When I arrived, I received a very enthusiastic welcome and a thorough explanation of the area attractions. There's an on-site restaurant (which I didn't try) and several eating choices nearby. This is an older facility and my room came with a mw, fridge and 2 burner stove top. The free wifi was fast enough to stream YouTube but would drop out quite often. One negative was the fridge had a 3/4 " buildup of ice in the freezer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Thunderbird is an unassuming motel in Duncan BC - what it lacks in frills it more than makes up in service - from the check in to the departure, the owners were welcoming, accommodating and helpful. The rooms are small but meticulously clean and comfortable. Centrally located with easy access back to the highway, but very little noise from it.
The restaurant nearby is wonderful as well - reasonable prices, great service & good food - what more could you ask

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The owners of this motel are doing it right. Clean, comfortable, extremely affordable and obviously a labour of love for Maureen and Martin. You two could teach some of the big chains a thing or two about service. York Street Restaurant also highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank WendyLea
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here for just a single night but I was very happy with my room. Quiet, very clean and up to date (not really that common for Motor Inns), and I loved that the owners took the time to make the rooms look warm and welcoming. I was very happy with my stay. The owners both checked me in and were extremely friendly and accommodating. I chatted with them for the longest time and loved how genuine they both were. I love nice hotels and I travel a lot for work. I will take the Thunderbird Motor Inn over any of the other hotels in the area and I look forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hazmaster
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked this motel for one night and found the service to be excellent. The woman who took my reservation over the phone was so friendly and helpful, accomodating my request for a room with laminate flooring, as well as an early check-in. The room was spotlessly clean and had a nice little kitchenette. It was good value and we had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor next to a restaurant. While not really noisy, I think, if we retur...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for one night after reading the great reviews and it was everything I expected. Clean, comfortable and warm room with plenty of hot water with coffee shops and restaurants all within walking distance. Friendly, helpful owners - would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

First of all, the owner (Martin?) was so kind and welcoming. The place is within walking distance to almost anything you would need or want. But the nicest part is that our room was SO CLEAN! This is an older building, mind you, but they certainly keep it up. Bed was comfortable and the room (single queen) was quite large. AND they provide REAL coffee cups with your in-room coffee maker, not the crummy styrofoam ones!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mpobrennan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncan
Best Western Cowichan Valley Inn
Super 8 Duncan
#5 of 6 in Duncan
Ramada Duncan Cowichan Valley
Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay

Been to Thunderbird Motor Inn? Share your experiences!