“Funky and fun”

Ranked #17 of 115 Restaurants in Duncan
Duncan, Canada
“Funky and fun”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Don't let the building stop you from going in. The food is great and the servings large. Good breakfasts and burgers.

Visited October 2013

Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad manners”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I used to enjoy the Arbutus Cafe when I lived in the area, but haven't been in years. I just phoned to find out if they were open tomorrow(Sunday) of Remembrance Day long weekend as I'll be up that way, and the man who answered the phone was very short with his answer and hung up on me! I have been a server for years and I understand that the phone is a nuisance when you're busy, but basic manners go a LONG way in my opinion. This completely put me off. I'll be finding another place to eat in the future.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank bluemorpho11
Kelowna, BC
“Fun and satisfying”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We enjoyed this little restaurant. The staff was friendly and quick, the atmosphere suggested many eating were regulars. The decor was kind of funky...no fancy designer here. Well suited to the kind of eating establishment this is.

We\ve had both breakfast and lunch here and were happy with both. Good portions delivered in a timely fashion and obviously fresh....no sitting under heatlamps here! There was a nice variety and though I'm fussy about coffee, I had a second cup here.

Nothing fancy, just good, basic food at a good price.

I'd definitely recommend this cafe for a quick, casual experience.

• Visited July 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Better than in Victoria.”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stopped here for breakfast on the way to Nanaimo from Victoria. What a cute little cafe in a great little town. And the food was better than any breakfast we had in Victoria. Had the combo and it was delicious. A def recommend if you are passing through or in the neighborhood.

• Visited July 2013
Duncan, Canada
“Good Food, Dirty Atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Not all that impressed with the Café, we had good food but I am not sure that they have a cleaner who wears glasses as the bathroom was not clean.

Visited February 2013