“Love this place”

Wendel's Bookstore & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Fort Langley
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Wendel's nourishes hungry minds and bodies as an independent bookstore and fresh-food café. The café lavishes readers with a menu of fresh fare made in-house that eschews preservatives and accommodates dietary needs with wheat-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. An outdoor patio puts patrons in prime reading, people-watching, or espionage-conducting position to enjoy local scenery along with breakfast selections such as organic blueberry pancake and omelettes. Lunch and dinner selections span hand-held bites such as the chicken-and-avocado wrap and heartier dishes such as wild-salmon-and-asparagus salad. Coffee and espresso creations range from lattes and cappuccinos to mocha frappes and are brewed with beans from local roaster Moja Coffee and water from the local fountain of youth.
Seattle, Washington
“Love this place”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I had lunch at Wendels last week and was very pleased with the staff, the set up and the food. Great little place.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Brian M

“Great Birthday Breakfast”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My sister brought me here for a belated birthday breakfast. It was packed, but well worth cramming ourselves into a corner. It was very yummy!

• Visited February 2014
Sparwood, Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

When I lived in Langley, Wendel's was a regular breakfast and lunch spot for my family and I. They have great gluten free meal options, as well as a cooler full of desserts! Their pies are yummy and the nanaimo bars are too. There is often a line up out the door but it is worth the wait! The food is fresh and there are some great drink choices. Sometimes it is difficult to find a seat (especially with a stroller!!) as it is a small space; however, there is outdoor seating options.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank LeahEE
“Great Food”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had it not been for other reviews, I might have passed this place up. Walked in and the line up was to the door. Good sign. It's a small spot with not a lot of seating and what there is is a bit crowded. There is seating outside if you are lucky enough to grab one. We were. It was a beautiful sunny day and as I said it was very busy.

Ordered the chicken avocado wrap and a blt, both of which came with a side salad. You had your choice of dressing. We choose the honey ginger something. Oh my, was it deliciious. So was the wrap and blt.

The coffee was good but I would not recommend the iced tea. It was very watered down and barely had any taste at all.

As I said we were able to score a seat outside so it was a nice relaxing lunch in what is a very busy little spot. Didn't really pay that much attention to the inside as I was busy standing in line and trying to decide what to order.

I would come hear again for the sandwiches. For the two of us the bill was about $28.00.

• Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“One of my favourite places”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is probably my favourite place in Langley to have breakfast or lunch, especially in the summer when you can sit outside and people watch. The food is excellent. There is always a long line up, but that is just expected because so many people now know how great this place is!

We always stop here after a walk or bike ride along the river, or any time we just want to walk around Fort Langley. We sit outside and there is always water set out for our pooch too. Very friendly place.

• Visited May 2014