“Excellent homemade food and lovely bookstore.”

Wendel's Bookstore & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Fort Langley
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Wendel's nourishes hungry minds and bodies as an independent bookstore and fresh-food café. The café lavishes readers with a menu of fresh fare made in-house that eschews preservatives and accommodates dietary needs with wheat-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. An outdoor patio puts patrons in prime reading, people-watching, or espionage-conducting position to enjoy local scenery along with breakfast selections such as organic blueberry pancake and omelettes. Lunch and dinner selections span hand-held bites such as the chicken-and-avocado wrap and heartier dishes such as wild-salmon-and-asparagus salad. Coffee and espresso creations range from lattes and cappuccinos to mocha frappes and are brewed with beans from local roaster Moja Coffee and water from the local fountain of youth.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

If there is one thing I love, is unique "Mom and Pops" bookstores, the ones that don't carry all those mainstream books in bulk, but ones, I may not have ever come across until I looked through this quaint store. It doesn't overwhelm, I don't think to myself, "Geez, I could be here all day looking for that right book(and don't get me wrong, Powell's Bookstore, is the only place I would want to do that), but I know in this small scale store, I will something unique, something intriguing , something I will be happy with. With that book, I can head on over to the café that is connected and have a delectable pastry with a cup of coffee or tea, have one of their made from scratch wraps with a fresh squeezed juice or smoothie. Their salads are delicious, the sandwiches are delicious. No matter the time of day, something is there for you, morning, noon or night. Someday, I will try their breakfast, but I am working my way around this WONDERFUL town, trying them all.
Treat yourself to something tasty, sit on the wrap around porch and take in the small town life, never disappointing.

1  Thank Heather E

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've been coming to Wendel's for Coffee and Lunch for 15 years and the quality and selection is better every time I go. Whether a local or a visitor, Wendel's is the perfect slice of heaven with local and socially conscious food, and a fairly good selection of gluten free items as well. It's definitly busy - especially on the weekends and in the summer, so expect a small indoor or outdoor table and sitting close to your neighbours. But definitly go - never disappointed!

1  Thank lysmekah
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I had lunch at Wendels last week and was very pleased with the staff, the set up and the food. Great little place.

1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My sister brought me here for a belated birthday breakfast. It was packed, but well worth cramming ourselves into a corner. It was very yummy!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

When I lived in Langley, Wendel's was a regular breakfast and lunch spot for my family and I. They have great gluten free meal options, as well as a cooler full of desserts! Their pies are yummy and the nanaimo bars are too. There is often a line up out the door but it is worth the wait! The food is fresh and there are some great drink choices. Sometimes it is difficult to find a seat (especially with a stroller!!) as it is a small space; however, there is outdoor seating options.

2  Thank LeahEE