“excellent value, very good food”

Lampliter Gallery Cafe
Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Fort Langley
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: After almost 20 years welcoming you to our restaurant, cooking tasty dishes and creating a relaxed and warm ambience, it is time for Paul to hang his chef’s jacket and for Nicoletta her black apron and say Goodbye to what has been our second home for such a long time. The last day will be DECEMBER 31st, 2017, ending on a high note with a New Year’s Eve celebration. We couldn’t have achieved all that we did without the help of our great, hard-working, loyal, dedicated, thoughtful employees! We wish them all the best for their future. Thank you to all of our friends and customers for their support of “Refined Country Cooking” and making us feel part of the community since day one. To those who haven’t tried the Lampliter yet there is still a short window of opportunity to see what it has been about. Nicoletta and Paul
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have visited the Lampliter numerous times and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and good food. Most of our visits are at lunch and most of the main courses at lunch include a salad or soup. Wine prices are reasonable and the overall experience is very pleasant.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a favourite restaurant in Fort Langley with excellent food.
Salads are a tad skimpy and the ritual of requiring guests to get up and pay at the cash, is both odd and bothersome. Breakfasts are awesome.

1  Thank Darcy R
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Lampliter was our favorite Restaurant until...

I ordered the mussels.

I noticed that several of the mussels had not opened... no big deal I thought... I'll just avoid them and mention it to the waitress.

Well I mentioned it and still cant believe the response. Yah I know she said... the cook gave you extra mussels...

I told the waitress with long straight hair I didn't think didn't think that was the point... I didn't want a refund... this was kinda a heads up... my after a few minutes of back and forth I said I wasn't comfortable with her attitude.. she said she didn't like MY attitude...

Frustrated with the waitress I asked to speak with the cook...

He reluctantly stepped out of the kitchen saying he was very busy... I explained some of the mussels had not opened and his waitress didn't think it was a big deal.. his response... he knew some had not opened that so he gave me more...

I was shocked... what else is going on in that kitchen?

We are new to the Langley area... several months... in that short time we had been to the Lampliter a dozen times... The food was always tasty and the service decent... but this experience has ruined all that...

I have been to thousands of restaurants good and bad... this was the worst service I have ever received... and the first that had a give more if the foods not up to snuff policy

2  Thank Darre11
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We went on a Saturday and had Lunch, fast service, very pleasant nice ambience, tasty meal. Prices on the high side, but well worth it.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We wandered around Fort Langley trying to find the perfect place for a late afternoon brunch, which can be hard to find. And luckily we decided to try the lamplighter gallery cafe. The wait staff were all friendly and attentive right away, one recommended the eggs Benny and it was incredible, easily the best I have ever had. And the coffee was so good that when we finished our brunch we went to the coffee roaster's shop and bought beans for home.

1  Thank drummerg1rl