“A Favourite!”

Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Vancouver, Canada
“A Favourite!”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We've stayed here more then once and every stay is a joy. We've stayed in their pricer rooms and the cheaper ones and have always left happy.
The location is beautiful. There are always great value packages. All food is great, from the Lakeside Cafe to the Copper Room.
An all you can eat breakfast buffet is included and not to be missed. There tea and cookies served in the afternoon and its a good time to meet and visit other guests.
The pools are well maintained is relaxing.
The staff has always been friendly and accommodating. They have upgraded our room free when able.
The views are beautiful and the locale is charming.
I could go on and on.
I eagerly look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Always check their website for value packages.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
co antrim n ireland
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We booked this hotel as a stop near vancouver we were leaving our hire car back Vancouver an getting bus up to Seattle by the way road works on entering the outskirts of Vancouver held us up for a long time so leave an extra cou[le of hours for your journey..Friendly helpful staff greeted us also ate in the bar which was very nice loved this hotel could recommend an would stay here again ...Thank you to the staff!!!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the lake ....lovely
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Vancouver
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed 2 nights, wish it could have been more. I took my sister, who is struggling with her health away for the weekend and we had a wonderful time. The service was excellent, staff went out of their way to accomodate us. The food in the various restaurants was wonderful. It helped that we had amazing weather so that we could stroll and shop. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank guschka
Saskatoon
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Stayed 5 nights, 2 days of which were for a conference. Hotel was booked solid and our room was a standard renovated room in the west wing. Very unfriendly upon check-in but the rest of the service seemed OK. Great view but wished we had a balcony. The pools were adequate, as was the food. Considering bringing the wife for a romantic getaway in the future. Service left a litte to be desired, but with a full house of rowdy business people, maybe the staff were all tired. All in all a very nice resort in a fabulous setting.

Check out Sandpiper and The Falls Golf Courses. Great service, prices, and overall experience. Many in our group who went fishing caught enormous sturgeon as well. If I ever return that will be on the top of my list to do.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Rocket29
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 21 September 2011

The information we received from the front desk was inconsistent at best. This is the closest hot spring to where we live so we wanted it to work for us. The first person we talked to said all the pools were 100 degrees-not true. The small indoor pool is 104 and then they go to 100 and less in a couple of the other pools. The pools are chlorinated but the water is from their hot spring which is natural and can be seen about 500 meters from the hotel. The only other hot spring access in town is the public pool which is also owned by the hotel.
We have been told that you can access the pools with a 1 night stay for 24 hours from 1 pm till 1 pm the next day. Check in is not till 4pm so you could leave your luggage at the desk or in your car and use the pools complete with dressing room before you went to your room at 4. Check out is 11 and you could get another 2 hours then till 1pm.

The rates do change so it is best to check rates for different times. The old or "heritage" section that we were in is the least expensive and was fine when we were there but doesn't have AC so plan your trip accordingly. We had a lovely room overlooking the pool but you could just as easily end up with a room looking out to a wall or over a rooftop. The room did have a small refrigerator, great wireless internet, large closet, well laid out bathroom, spa towels and robes though. The carpets were a bit dirty but it was the end of the summer season so that may be the reason.

We got one of the packages that included dinner at the Copper room and a buffet breakfast. Both were fair but a bit expensive and there are other options in town. Self parking is $5 night in their parking lot but when we were there street parking was available close by.

Tea and cookies served everyday at 4-4:30 and a fireplace to enjoy it by. I would go back again now that I know the way it works here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BellinghamThane
Vancouver
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I last stayed at this hotel back in 2006. It was my second time staying there, and I wasn't anymore impressed the second time. We were put in an old wing with an old room that was barely habitable. We tried to find a place to have a drink before dinner - impossible. Things may have changed since then, but it's what happened after that's worse. They started bombarding me with e-mails. I tried to remove my address from their list and couldn't. I phoned the hotel twice and asked to be removed. Still didn't happen. I then called and spoke to a manager. Still didn't happen. I finally put in a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. The e-mails stopped, but then the mailings started. I tried to stop these as well, by calling the hotel and asking to be taken off their mailing list, then speaking to a manager. I just received another mailing yesterday. For three years now, I have been harrassed by this hotel, and I can't figure out why. It is unbelievable. They also did not co-operate with the BBB. What does that tell you about this place?

Room Tip: Save yourself a lot of grief and just don't book there, or else go under a different name and ad...
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank djqueen
London
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This hotel is trying to pretend it's something it's not. It's not a spa. It's basically a hotel with a few warm pools.

We sadly were allocated a room in the old part of the hotel overlooking the pool area and I was glad we were only staying one night. There was no air con and no safe. We also had no dressing gowns in our room for the 'spa' and despite ringing reception and asking for them on multiple occasions they were only finally delivered the next morning when we were about to check out!

Basically it's an OK hotel, but I was glad we'd paid a cheap price and were only staying 1 night. Would I go back? Definitely not. Would I recommend it? No, surely there must be better places to stay for the same money.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view in the new part of the hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
Harrison Spa Motel
Harrison Spa Motel
#3 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!