“Fantastic”

Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had a wonderful time here- they have pools of all different temperatures and they are really large. You could spend all day going from one to another. This was my birthday present from my parents as I love hot springs and it didn't disappoint. It was only a shame that we didn't have more time as I had to meet a friend the next day in Vancouver. I think it would also be great to visit outside of the holiday season as it was a little busy. A few days spent here in winter would be magical! We also had a lovely view of the lake which I would definitely recommend you request.
So my tips would be: try and go outside of the main holiday season and try and stay 2 nights so you don't feel rushed. You can get cocktails by the pool as well. I had a pina colada in honour of my birthday and it was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah K
Write a ReviewReviews (3,685)

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Maybe there are minerals in the water, but all you can smell is the chlorine.
Loud and crowded. People shouting and screaming kids are no way to relax. There is no staff at all to check on the place and ensure it's at least a bit relaxing.
The worst part? Someone peed in the sauna, and also there was chunks of "brown matter" in the lap pool. Complaints to the staff at the front desk were received with moderate disinterest.
The best thing I can say about the place is that the tv in the room is one of the best/biggest I've seen in a hotel.
Quite disappointing!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank elleemmess
Ian M, Director of Sales at Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Long weekends tend to attract families with children - the pools do get busy. Luckily, we have several pools to accommodate everyone's desires. You'll find "quiet time" at the adult pool or in the private mineral soaks available at the Healing Spring Spa. As well, all pools are quieter on weekdays. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is a whimsical place in some ways and a bit teeth gritting in others. For example, the coffee (Starbucks, Miss Margaret's) doesn't open until 7 a.m. Many people coming here aren't Canadians, but are from other countries like us (USA) and our time clocks are different. It would be nice if Starbucks/Miss Margaret's opened up at 6 a.m., instead. In all fairness, the hotel rooms DO have a coffee maker....so it's holds you -- sort of.

And then, there's the same issue with breakfast--7a.m. I guess Canadian's don't eat brekkie at 6 a.m.??? ;-).

This is an old hotel that has been carefully taken care of and updated. It does have excellent and fast wifi. It has a 20 foot sturgeon (fish) in the lobby....huge sucker. And the decor is almost 1950's-ish, but pretty and elegant and grande.

I liked the long hall type lobby with lots of comfortable chairs to sit in and watch people go by or read or do your electronic tablet stuff. There's a roaring fire place at one end with a semi-circle of couches and chairs around it--the most popular place in the lobby, of course.

When we visited in mid-November, it was raining cats and dogs, gray and generally cold. The check-in says 4pm and believe me if you come early....most likely your room won't be ready until 4pm. Seems the management has one maid per floor--which is outrageous. At any other upscale hotel, trust me, if you come in early, they but their butts to get you into a room as fast as possible. Here at this one...not so much.

There's several shops in the hotel which are nice to peruse. The Lake Side Cafe was hurting for staff and things were slow to be served. Some food arrived hot and one person's stead was bloody and had to be sent back because she requested medium rare,not rare. It was taken care of, of course. The food is excellent and there's plenty of it. We were there for dinner as well as breakfast. I must say that their buffet breakfast was excellent. No complaints at all. And their omelet station was terrific. But it opens at 7 a.m. Not for early birds like us.

The Healing Hands Spa, hands down (pardon the pun) is a real jewel in this restort. I know they have hot springs, but let me digress to the spa. If you are in need of an excellent massage of any type, hot stones, etc., this should be the first place you go. I was like melted butter oozing off the massage table when I was done.

The hot springs ARE glorious. They have several huge outdoor pools. One for adults only, thank goodness, another for adults/children. The indoor has a huge, rectangular pool that is up to 8 feet deep to four feet deep. It is mildly warm. But the small, round pool nearby is probably 102F and delicious for about ten minutes. They have al ocker room but geeze--no locks on the lockers. Where are you to put your hotel key? Any credit cards or your iPhone????? This hotel really botched that thinking process. They have bathrobes in every room, but you need a swim suit. And I'd advise bringing floppies to wear on your feet.

I loved the Healing Hands Spa....it's top drawer, a "10" in my world. And I loved the hot springs themselves...another "10" but the thoughtfulness of putting a lock on a locker so we could put our personal belongings in them and not worry that they will be stolen...its utterly illogical. Who is running this hotel!!!????

If you don't mind going to breakfast or dinner at 7:00 am, you'll be a happy clam. There's also a lot of nice places around this resort to go too and veg out and relax. If you happen to be driving in this area, a stay is recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I arrived in Harrison Hot Springs for one night in November 2013. I wasn't impressed! I should have been able to relax and enjoy the mineral pools, but my room wasn't available until 4pm, which is a pretty late check in for a resort spa especially if you're only staying one night leaving early the next morning.
The pools were nice, but not much different than any other pool, albeit warmer, and heavily chlorinated, not the hot mineral springs I expected.
The room 210 in the West wing of the main hotel was pretty dated. Housekeeping was obviously running behind In their cleaning because they missed the sticky surface of the TV cabinet. The bathroom was also really small.
I simply didn't enjoy my stay unfortunately. Not recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MargandDoug
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was our fifth stay at Harrison Hot springs Resort. We always enjoy our visits. We have stayed in both the West Wing (view) and Main Hotel (older original but up dated) and enjoyed both. We go for the hot springs and not the view although on a sunny day the view up the lake is beautiful, (West wing). Dinner in the Copper Room was very nice with a live quartet playing 50's and 60's tunes. The dance floor was busy. Good food and the service was excellent.
Our second night we used room service. The seafood chowder was excellent, dry ribs also very good. We would not re-order the portabello mushroom with crab and cheese topping again.
Hotel staff all very friendly and helpful. A nice place to soak, eat and relax.

Room Tip: Register in their website to get email special offers.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken H
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Loved the resort. Copper Room is the only place you can go and have dinner ,dance great entrainment. Dinner was so over done. The breakfast was greasy very limited the only thing good was the entertainment from the omelet man. They need some new cooks.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We enjoyed our visit but we were surprised when we arrived and we learned that there was $100 dog fee to stay the hotel. We also read that you can't leave your dog alone in the room but it can't come to the public areas? So what are you supposed to do? Never eat or have room service all weekend. We have been to at least a dozen high quality hotels with our small dog and this was by far the most restrictive and high cost experience we have had.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Our pet policies are to protect your furry companions. We suggest that they are crated or placed in the vehicle when you are not in the so room attendants may enter the room to clean/refresh it. This is a standard policy with hotels that permit pets. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison Hot Springs
#3 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
Rowena's Inn on the River
Rowena's Inn on the River
#1 of 3 in Harrison Mills

Been to Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!