“Exceeded Expectations in Every Respect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrison Hot Springs
Harrison Heritage House and Cottages
Reviewed 3 June 2013

If you're looking for an affordable, clean and quiet place to stay in Harrison Hot Springs you can't do better than this. After reading many disappointing reviews of other accommodations in Harrison I almost changed my destination, but was fortunate enough to see how well-rated Harrison Heritage House was.

My girlfriend and I spent two days in Willow Cottage, and it was wonderful. Very friendly owners and well-kept facilities. There were other guests but we never saw them: private, quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: Willow Cottage has a main floor master bedroom with a loft that is accessible via a REALLY steep lad...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
raccoonhollow, Owner at Harrison Heritage House and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

We're so glad you found us & glad we could offer you privacy & tranquility for your getaway. Thank you for your wonderful review ~ your kind words are greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again. Cheers, Sonja & Robert

Reviewed 1 June 2013

As usual a very convenient cozy inviting place to stay. The cabins are so comfortable with all the amenities of home including wifi and tv. Kitchens are well appointed, bathrooms are great. Beds and pillows are so comfortable. Beautifully quiet yet right by the lake and close to all restaurants. Can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ivanhoe

Many thanks for your great review and for coming back to stay with us again & again! We're so glad the sun was shining and you enjoyed our river access for your paddling adventures!! Always grateful for your return visits. Cheers, Sonja & Robert

Reviewed 25 May 2013

my wife and stayed here as part of our stugeon fishing package and they spoke very highly of the cottages. This place speaks for itself. Super friendly owners cute and cozy cottage private and quiet. We loved it. We stayed in a cottage called rivers edge. We will b back to stay here. Just for some down time in the summer.

• Stayed: May 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us & have taken home fond memories of your stay in our riverside cottage and sturgeon fishing adventure! We hope to see you again, Cheers, Sonja & Robert

Reviewed 20 May 2013

This bed & breakfast was even better than I expected. And I was expecting a lot from all the good online reviews! My husband & I stayed here for the Victoria Day long weekend. I was initially hoping to book the Heritage Suite but alas, this was already booked by the time we got around to it so we booked the Naismith Retreat instead.

First, I have to say all the great things about my experience with the Harrison Heritage House before even getting there. I had accidentally booked the wrong dates online - I blame it on my tiny iphone screen & my fat fingers. Anyway, it was a few days later before I realized my mistake and I frantically emailed Sonya. Within a couple hours, she emailed me back and was able to change my booking to the correct dates and without any penalty. Whew. Actually, booking with Sonya online was very smooth sailing, save for the one hiccup (that I was completely to blame for). Everytime I emailed, she was quick to reply (always the same day, usually within a couple hours) and her replies were friendly, informative and detailed. This fact alone took tons of pressure and stress off my shoulders.

The location of this bed & breakfast is ideal. They're located just off the major streets so no loud noises. It was actually very quiet when we were on the property. But still very close to the action. We were only a block away from the beach.

At check in, Sonya was very warm & inviting. She gave us our keys and gave us a quick run down of places to go eat (as we were famished) and things to see and do. Afterwards she showed us into our room to which I exclaimed "oh, the pictures online don't do this room justice!" And they don't! The room's decor is cozy (but not small) and warm. The jacuzzi tub is a large (60" or 66" round whirlpool) and easily fit both me & my husband. The electric fireplace was a nice touch and we definitely made use of it. Only odd quirk was that the toilet was inside a closet (a veritable water closet) which we got used to quickly.

One thing my husband & I both liked was that we had a lot of privacy. We never saw anyone else staying at the other suite nor the cottages. We were able to come & go as we pleased and never felt like we were intruding into someone's space. It was an easy and comfortable experience.

Note: we opted out of the breakfast as both of us are lactose intolerant. (However, thinking about it now, I'm sure Sonya could have accommodated for that.)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
raccoonhollow, Owner at Harrison Heritage House and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

WOW, thank you so much for your words of appreciation. Our goal is creating a peaceful & private environment for our guests and we're so glad you had a memorable stay. Thank you for writing this great review. Until we meet again, Cheers Sonja & Robert

Reviewed 13 May 2013

What a fabulous location! Loved the riverside cottage, so clean and peaceful. Spent the weekend with my hubby and can't wait to go back when the river is higher so we can go for a canoe ride right from the grounds. The location was excellent, we could walk to all the shops and restaurants, it was super convenient.

Room Tip: The cottages are very private.
1  Thank Susan P

So glad you enjoyed our wonderful location and the comfort of our riverside setting! You will definitely have to come back for a paddle on the river and hopefully get a glimpse of a river otter or beaver. Thanks for staying with us, Cheers Sonja & Robert

Reviewed 4 February 2013

This was a romantic weekend away for my husband's birthday. Wow! The cottage was cozy, spotlessly clean, roomy, well equipped, very private and the fireplace so inviting. We noticed that is was so quiet (no sounds except our own voices). We walked on the beach, looked at the stars, shopped and just really relaxed. Thank you to Sonja and Robert for a great weekend. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: The Riverside Cottage is a cozy cabin right on the river. If you are a family, there is lots of ro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
raccoonhollow, Owner at Harrison Heritage House and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you for spending your Birthday weekend with us! We are so glad you enjoyed your getaway in our Riverside cottage & taken home some great memories. Looking forward to your next stay. Cheers Sonja & Robert

Reviewed 29 January 2013

We stayed in the Willow Cottage last weekend and didn't want to leave. A perfect spot to escape to - quiet, secluded and cozy. The cottage was very well maintained and thoughtfully appointed, with a lovely view of the river. Oh and the bed was very comfy! Sonja and Robert are wonderful hosts - they even had the fireplace on for our arrival. Can't wait to return for another romantic stay!!

Room Tip: The cottages are very secluded and they overlook the river.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for appreciating our efforts at creating a quiet & cozy getaway. Your kind words & review are very much appreciated. Hoping to see you again, Cheers Sonja & Robert

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison Hot Springs
Harrison Beach Hotel
Harrison Beach Hotel
#1 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
Harrison Lake View Resort
Harrison Lake View Resort
#5 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
The Rockwell Harrison Guest Lodge
The Rockwell Harrison Guest Lodg...
#2 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
Riverview B&B
Riverview B&B
#1 of 17 in Chilliwack

Been to Harrison Heritage House and Cottages? Share your experiences!