“newbies”

BC Sportfishing Group
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the adventure of guided Sturgeon, Salmon, Steelhead and Trout fishing in the Harrison River and Fraser Valley.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Our friends had taken my wife and myself to the Harrison Hot Springs area to be introduced to sport fishing. Our friends were experienced fishers but we knew nothing. Our guide, Mike Neufeld, was great. He clearly and patiently explained what we had to do and how. We started in the Harrison River looking for sturgeon. Within the first half hour my wife had our first sturgeon - 168 cms and over 100lbs and bigger - bigger than she is! By the end of the morning we had caught 4 sturgeon and in the afternoon Mike taught us how to cast for salmon. We ended up with 4 sockeye too! Great introduction to the sport.

There are newer reviews for BC Sportfishing Group

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My friend and I went out for a fishing trip with BC Sport Fishing Group while I was in Harrison Hot Springs. It was definitely an incredible experience with our guide Yves. Neither my friend and I are experienced fishers but by the end of the day we had both caught a sturgeon each. My friend caught a 20+ year old fish that was 5'1" in length and I caught a smaller one that had not been tagged. We learned about the sturgeon and conservation as well as about the other types of tours BCSFG do. We spotted a lone eagle in the tree as well as four deer as we motored along in the boat. I highly recommend a day out with BCSFG if you're planning a trip to Harrison. I'm definitely keen on coming back to try my hand at salmon fishing or even come when the eagles flock to Harrison to feast on the spawning salmon.

1  Thank rtwgirldotcom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been fishing for Sturgeon since 2008 and am absolutely hooked on these fish.
I own and operate my own guided fishing service in Alberta and started taking out groups to BC
in 2009 and we have always had a pretty good time with the supplier I was using then. This year I switched all my trips over to BC Sportfishing Group and it was the best thing I could have done. The level of service was top knotch, the boats were great and what can I say about our guides Dan, Merr, Mike, Yves and company owner Tony. They all did an outstanding job putting us all onto fish, most and biggest fish ever for my groups.
I can see many more years of doing business with this well run operation, and when you make your reservation dealing with Tamara is going to make that part a breeze.

1  Thank hookedby1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We had the best time ever!! Mer was a fabulous guide. He was very patient with our inexperience. Thankyou so much for an unforgettable day!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I visited the area last week to photograph the eagles and signed up for their Bald Eagle viewing tour. Our friendly and informative boat guide was Tony; a local who knows the area well. I have some pretty long camera lenses that I can use to photograph from the shore but the boat ride was excellent to get in closer to some areas that were otherwise unreachable. Great job and kudos to Tony for a job well done. The tour was only 1.5 hours and I could have stayed out there for hours.

1  Thank S_Clark_Barrie