“Appalled by lack of cleanliness...”

Healing Springs Spa
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My family and I decided to book four massages to celebrate my mothers 60th birthday while we were staying in Harrison. We arrived for our massages 15 minutes early, only to be seated in a busy reception area in our street clothes. None of the members of our group are new to spa experiences, in fact we have enjoyed wonderful experiences at world renowned spas like the Wickaninnish Resort and the Sahra Spa and Hammam at the Cosmopolitan hotel in Las Vegas. Our massage therapists came and whisked us away and had us change in our small massage rooms. This was surprising for us as "normally" you are taken into a change room, given robes and sandals, while you wait in a calm and serene environment. I have to say our masseuses were wonderful, two of us had truly the best massages we have ever had. After our massages we were told to put on our robes and utilize the hot pools. For three of us this was appealing, however one of the members of our group didn't want to swim and had no option but to put her clothes back on in her massage room. There are no change room facilities for male or female guests to go after their treatments to unwind, shower, change and/or freshen up. This was shocking!

We enjoyed the pools and decided it was time to head back to our suites. When we entered the only area available to freshen up we were appalled. The small female change room was packed with women and was in total disarray. There were dirty towels on the floor everywhere, hair on the floors and one small shower for a large facility such as this resort. One member of our group went to use the washroom and the toilet over flowed on her. You could only imagine the magnitude of horror and disgust on her face as she was standing in a pile of dirty toilet water (this part of the story is no way at all being exaggerated). Is this really how a first class resort expects it's Spa clients to end off their treatment experience? We decided as a group to make the front reception at the spa aware of the situation in the women's change room. We did not raise our voices or get angry with the staff, however one of the ladies kept shushing us as other guests were checking in for their treatments. To be shushed as grown adults when none of us was getting irate or raising our voices is peculiar behaviour for front-end staff.

Since the reception did nothing to make the situation better we decided that perhaps the management staff be notified of the appalling lack of cleanliness in the change room. The manager "Blake" listened to our story and apologized many times but that was it. We had no intention of taking the situation further but you must understand that it left a bad taste in our mouths and was not the wonderful birthday experience we were seeking for my moms 60th birthday. Perhaps management should have offered us some further compensation for such an awful experience? When you spend over $600 for treatments at a "world renowned spa" you do expect some level of customer service. Perhaps you will think twice about making a reservation at the spa having read what we experienced!

7  Thank Gluten-girl888
AngelaJ450, Manager at Healing Springs Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback, while pkeased to hear that your massage experience was "the best you've ever had", it is distressing your experience with our amenities was do distasteful.
Please contact is at 604-796-4706 directly so so these issues can be addressed.
Thank you - Angela Jeffery, Manger Healing Springs Spa

Reviewed 22 February 2014

For my mother's 60th birthday, myself and 3 others went to the spa for massages. The massage it self was wonderful and my masseuse did a great job!
However, it was a very odd experience. When we showed up we were not directed to any area to sit and wait. We stood in the lobby and waited for someone to come and get us. They did not have a room to relax or changing room where we could change out of our clothes nor did they have lockers or sandals to use. I was lead to my massage room and was told to change out of my clothes and hang them on the hooks. Afterwards there was no area to shower the oil off. I had to just put my clothes back on in the small massage room.
My mother, sister, and brother in law were able to take advantage of the pools afterwards. The changing room for spa guests is the same as for all the pool and hotel guests. 1 shower stall, 1 toilet stall, 2 sinks for all the women to use. It was absolutely filthy, busy and the toilet over-flowed all over my mothers feet! I'm talking dirty toilet water all over her feet....and no sandals because they don't offer those.

When we told the spa reception of the changing room problem, we were shushed and give a comment card to fill out.

For a resort spa, it had much lacking in the way of the 'total experience'. They should make sure to inform spa guests who are not staying at the hotel that they do not have full amenities.

To say the least, we were sorely disappointed and will never return.

4  Thank Nicole P
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Enjoyed a friendly and relaxing massage at the Spa while staying at the resort. You could almost feel the stress melting away. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the massage set the tone for a great and equally relaxing weekend at the pools.

2  Thank scbcme
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Simply a superb way to top off your weekend at Harrison Hot Springs. Massage and scrub - truly heavenly. Glass of white wine to cap off this awesome experience - truly amazing!

1  Thank MiniMooRa
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I attend this spa about every 3 months and I am always remembered and the service is outstanding I always have the same people look after me and that is so wonderful because they know you. This is the best spa in the whole lower mainland and Fraser valley

2  Thank taxplace