“Disgustingly Dirty” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bungalow Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harrison Hot Springs
Bungalow Motel
British Columba
“Disgustingly Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

Although the staff was friendly enough. It did not make up for the floors that were not washed before we entered the room and the smell of the room was horrable. I purchased a candle to disguise the smell but it could not compete with the aroma lingering in the room. The room felt so dirty that even my small children did not want to remove their shoes. The cabins are in a wonderful scenic location but the interior has not been kept up at all. Our cabin sloped down as you walked to the washroom so it felt like you were slowly walking down a little hill. Its unfortunate that they charge so much money for a place that needs so many repairs. I unplugged my hair dryer and the whole outlet came out of the wall. One of the many things that were falling apart. I had a bad feeling when I walked up to the door and the number on the door was hanging upside down. First impressions were confirmed when we walked in and were hit with the smell...I would not stay there again and would not refer anyone there unless I knew they had updated the rooms. By the way...there is a complimentary bottle of febreeze left behind by the cleaning staff..

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank lovinthesun_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

Do not stay here. It may look cute on the outside but not on the inside. We didn't want to take our shoes off for fear of what the carpet held. I would have gladly spent a few dollars more and stayed at the resort hotel down the road. Needs to be renovated on the inside (at least change the 30 year old carpet). They certainly are not putting the money they charge towards any updates at this place.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lazysuzy16

Travellers are raving about these Harrison Hot Springs hotels

Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2009

It was perhaps the worst accommodation I have experienced. There was a musty smell. One of the elements on the gas stove did not work and the others let off a gas smell unlike other gas stoves I have used. The fold out couches were old and the mattresses very uncomfortable. The light fixtures in the bathroom did not have covers. The drain in the shower was a hole with no cover. Just every thing was poorly done. What a mistake!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TrinityJones17
delta, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2007

My husband and I planned our wedding last year at the Bungalow Motel. We went to see them beforehand so we knew what to expect. We really enjoyed our stay, staff was pleasant and accomodating. We rented all of the cabins for the weekend so our family could stay with us and we had a great time. We had our ceremony in the grassy area in front of the ice cream shop with a view of the beach. We really enjoyed ourselves and most of our guests as well. A couple guests weren't very impressed by the rooms but my husband deemed these people as "particular" people in nature. As the ad goes "if you aren't picky about color..." We are not over particular people, as long as it is clean and affordable we are okay. It is the most affordable we found at Harrison Hot Springs as well. The kitchens were stocked well with pots, etc. and we liked the rustic, cabin style. It was great renting all of them and all of our family being close together. A great idea for a reunion as well. My husband and i plan to revisit just the two of us for our wedding anniversary. The last time we drove by as well it looked like they had been doing some renovations, which I will know soon enough after going there again. I recommend to a family or cost conscious people. I have seen many other families really enjoy themselves there.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Beds seemed a little old and need for upgrade.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winnipeg, MB.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2007

"Absolutely magnificent!"
I had just returned from Harrison hotsprings near Chilliwack B.C. I am from Winnipeg MB. and have never been to B.C. until now.
I feel so luck to have stayed in this amazing location.
I stayed in an enchanting cabin in a resort called Cascade Outdoor Adventures owned by the delightful Andres.
The cabin was cozy and very clean.
Andres and his friendly staff made our stay comfortable and fun. They provided us a BBQ along with a tour around the resort. The view of the mountains was wonderful! This resort was a great way to relax with your family and friends. I loved swimming in the lake and if you have a boat, you will be in your glory. This resort is dog friendly. Your pet will love the outdoors in this area.
I would like to personally thank Andres and his wonderful staff for making my stay memorable and for making me breakfast before I left for Winnipeg. I will miss all of you.
Sonya Oliveira

1 Thank SonjaWinnipeg_MB_
Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2006

My family and I stayed at this resort and found the cabins very clean and a kitchen well stocked with pots, pans, utensils and dishware.

Okay enough of the good stuff, I would only stay here again if the price dropped down quite a bit. It's definitely not worth the money. You would think they would renovate the place with the money they get for the rooms but no such luck.

The appliances were really outdated - small gas oven/stove, old fridge. The whole place felt very cramped (tiny bathroom with no bath, shower only) and the whole cabin had a really funny odour that I can't quite explain (mixture of gas, air fresheners and very musty). The beds were hard: the hide-a-bed being the most comfortable. There were no screens on the windows, peeling paint in the shower, sink falling apart, old outdated furniture.

If you want a pool, go to the Hot Springs Public Pool for a soak or if it's summer, try the lake. There are a few ice cream/coffee bars in the village itself. Basically, the village of Harrison has all the amenities this place offers so you're not missing out. If you want a less expensive place to stay, try the Harrison Spa Motel and if you want something more luxurious try the Harrison Beach Hotel (more boutique style with nice water and mountain views).

Save your money to stay at a nicer place but then you never know, these guys may renovate, check it out before going there. Please email me if you want more info on the village of Harrison Hot Springs or this place, I used to live there and know the area pretty well - lily_vdk@hotmail.com

• Liked — Clean place
  • Disliked — Lots, cramped, smelly and old outdated appliances/furniture
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask if they've renovated before committing to rent a cabin here. If not, don't bother and go somewhere else. I know if I read this before travelling, I wouldn't have gone here.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tyger_lily181
Shadow24, owner at Bungalow Motel, responded to this review, 21 August 2007
The price for the cabins is largley dictated by the high cost of waterfront tourist accomodations wven as we try to offer reasonable low rates.
canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2006

There are good and bad things that we found when we stayed here.

Good points... super friendly staff, clean rooms, pool, on the water, bbq use, cute ice cream shop with patio over looking the lake.

bad....way too pricey for what you get, no a/c (just windows with no screens), no phones in the room, very old and out dated cabins....website is misleading, photos are REALLY old!

Over all its not a bad place....just not worth the money they charge!

Go check it out before you book the place!

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — old cabins...no phone
  • Tips/Secrets — check it out before you pay.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank gj2
Shadow24, owner at Bungalow Motel, responded to this review, 21 August 2007
They are older cabins - no AC or phones. We do not advertise Chalet's - our prices reflect this among the lowest in "Beautiful Harrison Hot Springs"
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison Hot Springs
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#4 of 9 in Chilliwack
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,334 reviews
The Spa Motel
The Spa Motel
#4 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Bungalow Motel? Share your experiences!