“not a nice stay on so many levels”

Harrison Village Motel
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We booked a cheap motel for the night and of course we don't expect much just basic accommodations for the night but from the start the guy at reception was unfriendly. He ignored 3 things I said one of which was 'we booked a pet friendly room" when he saw our dog he said we had to pay extra and I told him I had already paid it. He went to check and said "all cool" I didn't appreciate this, I thought an apology was in order as he was very rude about it. The room was not the cleanest, you could hear the bed springs so our nights sleep was awful, the room was cold with just baseboard heaters and we couldn't open the sliding doors which I believe is a fire hazard. We couldn't wait to leave this place!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kitcat_uk
HarrisonVillageMotel, Guest Relations Manager at Harrison Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

I apologize for your unhappy stay with us. Please be assured that your reception was not up to our standards and the on-site manager has since been replaced. We are also taking steps to ensure that your other concerns are dealt with. Customer service is of utmost importance to us and we take your criticisms seriously. If you choose to stay with us again, we will do our best to ensure your visit is more pleasant.

Regards,
Cheryl Jackson
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife and I booked in here and found the motel to be very clean and comfortable. It has a beautiful view of Harrisin Lake and all shopping right out the door. Owners and staff are very friendly. Highly recommened for anyone wanting to spend some time in a beautiful relaxing place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DEastUcluelet_B_C_
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Although the motel is in need of some serious upgrades, you cannot find any better managers than Dave and Deb. I have been in many motels and hotels over the years and have never had such terrific service. They make you feel like you're just one big family. This was my third stay there and I will be back again in a couple of months. The view is spectactular and of course the ice cream shack. Thanks again Dave and Deb and of course Charley. See you later the Ceal's.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I haveto say this was one of the best stays I have had...no 5 star can beat the personal touch this motel offers. The view is great, the location is perfect, the price was amazing! Not to mention the warm greetings from the owners and there dog!!!!! And they have a great deck to just sit back ang relax on, and you dont haveto pay 5 star prices for the 5 star view! All n all we will be back next year and cant wait!!

Lauralei Durette

Room Tip: 2nd floor I think is your best bet for a nice view
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilly007_11
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed in unit 17 with Queen bed and futon(both very comfie), eat-in kitchen with all the necessities,bathroom w tub/shower and powder room separate.Altho the windows opened to interior halls, the 2nd floor patio/deck more than made up for it w the best panoramic view in the area.Debbie was friendly and extremely accommodating, going out of her way more than once! Like being taken care of by family.The motel is older but the cleanliness was A-one. A.C.needed repair but functioned just fine.We have recommended this to all our west coast friends/family as well as people home in Ont.What a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: front room,best view but has reduced privacy when curtains open due to deck
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This is a pretty old motel so I expected it to be out dated, but I also expected it to be clean. Everything just looked dirty. Our room constantly smelled like smoke but that was because there was a woman constantly smoking on the patio next to us and the smoke travelled right into our room......and the beds are very uncomfortable. We will try somewhere else in town because we did enjoy Harrison despite the accomodations.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank sskye11
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My husband and I have stayed many times in the summer and fall of 2011 and most recently Easter weekend of 2011. Debbie and Dave always make us feel comfortable and go out of their way to do so. They are fantastic managers and go beyond the call of duty to please patrons to the motel. It's the only motel in Harrison Hot Springs we will stay at now and believe me we have been in a few. Yes the building is old but it is clean and comfy. Thank you Debbie and Dave for being the most wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 9 in Chilliwack
Hampton Inn By Hilton Chilliwack

Been to Harrison Village Motel? Share your experiences!