“Excellent service”

Harrison Village Motel
Nelson, Canada
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stay in a lot of motels all over BC because of work and tried out this place and was really impressed. The manager Sam was a super nice guy who went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We really felt at home during our stay. My room was large and very clean with a nice lake view. Really appreciated the full kitchen. Will be definitely be staying here again next time we're in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rachel E
HarrisonVillageMotel, Guest Relations Manager at Harrison Village Motel, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us and most definitely look forward to serving you again.

Regards,
Cheryl Jackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I am little different from all the reviewers here. I actually DID NOT stay at this motel. In fact, I just went in to enquire about rates, look around the property and get some directions. I was taken by staff's approach of communicating with guests, his courtesy and behavior. First of all without just bursting out the rates as other people at motels do he assessed what kind of room I am looking for and what is my basic purpose of staying. After getting to know my need (for a double room) he suggested me the room type and the rate pertaining to that room. When I asked him to show around the property he explained everything about the motel and the room type I preferred. Rooms were appealing and clean. As a sales professional I admire his approach and method of performance. This was my pre-trip planning stage and once I have decided dates in Dec. to come here with my 2 children and wife, this is the place I will love to choose.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Adroit C
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We booked a cheap motel for the night and of course we don't expect much just basic accommodations for the night but from the start the guy at reception was unfriendly. He ignored 3 things I said one of which was 'we booked a pet friendly room" when he saw our dog he said we had to pay extra and I told him I had already paid it. He went to check and said "all cool" I didn't appreciate this, I thought an apology was in order as he was very rude about it. The room was not the cleanest, you could hear the bed springs so our nights sleep was awful, the room was cold with just baseboard heaters and we couldn't open the sliding doors which I believe is a fire hazard. We couldn't wait to leave this place!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kitcat_uk
HarrisonVillageMotel, Guest Relations Manager at Harrison Village Motel, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
I apologize for your unhappy stay with us. Please be assured that your reception was not up to our standards and the on-site manager has since been replaced. We are also taking steps to ensure that your other concerns are dealt with. Customer service is of utmost importance to us and we take your criticisms seriously. If you choose to stay with us again, we will do our best to ensure your visit is more pleasant.

Regards,
Cheryl Jackson
Guest Relations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Harrison Hot Springs hotels

Ucluelet, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife and I booked in here and found the motel to be very clean and comfortable. It has a beautiful view of Harrisin Lake and all shopping right out the door. Owners and staff are very friendly. Highly recommened for anyone wanting to spend some time in a beautiful relaxing place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DEastUcluelet_B_C_
prince george
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Although the motel is in need of some serious upgrades, you cannot find any better managers than Dave and Deb. I have been in many motels and hotels over the years and have never had such terrific service. They make you feel like you're just one big family. This was my third stay there and I will be back again in a couple of months. The view is spectactular and of course the ice cream shack. Thanks again Dave and Deb and of course Charley. See you later the Ceal's.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I haveto say this was one of the best stays I have had...no 5 star can beat the personal touch this motel offers. The view is great, the location is perfect, the price was amazing! Not to mention the warm greetings from the owners and there dog!!!!! And they have a great deck to just sit back ang relax on, and you dont haveto pay 5 star prices for the 5 star view! All n all we will be back next year and cant wait!!

Lauralei Durette

Room Tip: 2nd floor I think is your best bet for a nice view
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilly007_11
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed in unit 17 with Queen bed and futon(both very comfie), eat-in kitchen with all the necessities,bathroom w tub/shower and powder room separate.Altho the windows opened to interior halls, the 2nd floor patio/deck more than made up for it w the best panoramic view in the area.Debbie was friendly and extremely accommodating, going out of her way more than once! Like being taken care of by family.The motel is older but the cleanliness was A-one. A.C.needed repair but functioned just fine.We have recommended this to all our west coast friends/family as well as people home in Ont.What a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: front room,best view but has reduced privacy when curtains open due to deck
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Hampton Inn By Hilton Chilliwack
Vedder River Inn
Vedder River Inn
#6 of 9 in Chilliwack

Been to Harrison Village Motel? Share your experiences!