“Slow and meh”

the hot springs steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We came in for dinner and I should have trusted the impatient looks on the other diners' faces and turned around when we walked it. It was not terribly busy, about 6 tables, but clearly not enough staff, with only one server and we learned one cook in the back. The servers was friendly, but the wait for drinks and food was loooooooooooooooooong. When the food came out it was average - not bad, but certainly not worth the wait. We were visiting in August, during high season, and still not nearly enough staff on. Would not recommend.

1  Thank Laura M

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Very friendly and capable wait staff. Food pretty good but veggies over cooked. My husbands spaghetti and meatballs was HUGE and very good.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We were at a family function in the attached banquet room. The restaurant had asked that we pre-order from 3 possible choices. Despite the pre-ordering, from a limited menu, the food took forever to come out and was the worst meal that I have had. I ordered the steak and prawns, steak to be prepared medium rare, the inside was pink, however the steak was extremely dry and hard to cut and eat. I have never seen such a green potato served as a baked potato. At our round table of 6 people - I was served a steak and 30 minutes later to other steaks came out for my dinner mates. The salmon did not come out until 35 minutes later. From first entree to last entree (for 20 adults) took just under 90 minutes. At the end of the night I went to the bar to settle up my dinner tab and the two waitresses that served us were having a fight. Not a good experience.....

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Visited twice this weekend - once for a large gathering in the private room for a large event, next day with just 4 of us for breakfast. Both were terrible.

First - private room was booked months in advance for a family event. We all arrived by 6:30PM and put our orders in (the menu was significantly pared down for our group - choice of two appies, three mains, plus kid's menu of 2 items). Not one of us got our meal before 9:00pm. Nobody enjoyed their shoe-leather, cheap cut of steak with no seasoning at all. Those who ordered the salmon were less disappointed but still not thrilled. The veggies were obviously from a bag of frozen veg and cooked to death. Had to beg for sour cream for our baked potatoes, but by this time we were so hungry we just wolfed it down anyways. You'd think that if the facility has a private room, they can accommodate. I guess not.

Next day we went back just 4 of us for breakfast, thinking perhaps they'd do better with a small group. Nope. I asked to sub extra hash browns instead of toast and was told there would be an extra charge because they don't substitute. When I noted it doesn't say that on the menu, I was met with attitude. Decided to stick with the toast and I'm glad I did. Not sure how you mess up hash brown potatoes, but they managed to do it. Some were still hard, others were mush. Definitely not fresh at all. When I mentioned this to the waitress, she didn't even respond. The redeeming point of this meal was they have decent coffee.

Sadly, this place plays right in to the knowledge that Harrison has been seriously declining over the years. A shame.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We were so satisfied with our dinner here that we went back for breakfast. In both cases, the food was excellent, especially our yummy, perfectly done steaks. The decor is minimal, but the staff was helpful and friendly and even kept their cool when inundated by a large bus-tour group that filled up every table. There are other choices in Harrison, but the steakhouse gave us great value for the money.