“Excellent value backed up with helpful staff”
Review of Maverick Motor Inn

Maverick Motor Inn
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Excellent value backed up with helpful staff”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Well, we had seen photographs of Kamloops and were expecting more of a dusty roadside motel But we were wrong. The Maverick offers really spacious, clean rooms with all the amenities one might hope for. The room enjoyed a far reaching view over the town and was within a couple of minutes walk of an Information Centre, substantial shopping mall and an Original Joe's diner....all in all it was ideal. Very friendly staff and we will stay there again if we are in the region.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter and enjoy views over the town and the valley
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this excellent review. It is gratifying when a Senior Reviewer like you feels that you received excellent value when you stayed with us.

I am very glad that you found your room spacious and clean, and that our amenities and location met your needs. My team and I were thrilled to hear your compliments as this is what we all work very hard to achieve.

We are delighted to see that we reached your expectations and that you enjoyed your time in our hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Kamloops.

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Invermere British Columbia Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and i were very pleasantly surprised to find such great service and accommodation for a bargain price. Clean place with large rooms and easy to locate. This will be our regular stopover from now on.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking valley
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Howard W
Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review of our property.

It always gives me great satisfaction when a Top Reviewer like you is pleasantly surprised here at the Maverick Motor Inn. This is exactly what my team and I strive to accomplish.

We really do try to perform to our slogan "Quality that's Affordable”. It makes me very proud that you acknowledged the true value of accommodation at the Maverick.

I look forward to welcoming you back before too long.

London
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The room was big, clean and tidy, and the staff were lovely. Nice, hot, powerful showers with fantastic views of Kamloops.

Right next door to a restaurant and close to an information tourist office and shopping mall.

Breakfast and wifi included - a great way to start a road trip!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Intrepid_Traveller83
I would like to thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience and choosing us to start your road trip.

I am very happy that you found your room spacious, clean and that you enjoyed your view. It was great to hear that you took advantage of the free continental breakfast and WIFI services.

My team work hard through all departments and it is great that you enjoyed their service.

I look forward to welcoming you back if your travels return you to the Kamloops area.

Hayle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Exeptionally clean room, comfy beds, very spacious, nice view down the valley towards Kamloops and Thompson River. Friendly and helpful staff on desk. Continental breakfast ok, reasonable choice but no hot items. Will definately stay again

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Kamloops
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim L
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this wonderful review of the Maverick Motor Inn.

It is always a pleasure to receive top marks and kind words from a Top Reviewer and well travelled person like you.

My front desk team was very happy to hear your kind remarks and I am very proud of my housekeeping team for making your room exceptionally clean. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay from the comfortable beds to the view of our beautiful city.

I look forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to Kamloops.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Me and my sister along with her two young children stayed her on our way home from Vancouver Island to Edmonton. We chose this hotel specifically because it had a pool and we were not disapponted. The price was way better then many other places in Kamloops especially since it has a pool/waterslide. We had a great lady at the front desk that was very helpful with all our questions. The area is great for anything you may need if you forgot something with lots of stores within minutes. We went to the Chinese food resturant connected to the hotel and had a great meal with plenty of different options (although be careful ordering they give huge servings). We used the pool to help get rid of energy and had a great time (the front desk gives extra towels and has life jackets for your use). Although I definitly wish the pool was heated as it was a little cold and we soon had blue lips. The rooms were clean a specious although a little outdated but nothing bad. They have a vcr/dvd player in the room with plenty of vhs's to rent from for $2.00. I would definitly stay here again if we end up staying in Kamloops on our next roadtrip.

Room Tip: If I was to stay again I would ask for a room facing the city as you won't get the sound of the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay, especially the clean, spacious room, pool, hot tub and waterslide. In addition to the on-site Chinese restaurant, the Beijing, we are fortunate that we have so many shops and restaurants so close by to serve a variety of guest needs.

My front desk team was very happy that they were able to help you with your inquiries. They work very hard to meet or exceed everyone's expectations.

The videos are always a big hit, especially with families and you can't beat the low cost.

Our pool is heated. I do apologize that you found the pool temperature cold, it is digitally controlled. Thank you for informing us, I will be looking into it.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Maverick Motor Inn and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel to Kamloops.

Sylvan lake
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Friendly staff, great service. My room was very comfortable, clean and the bed was great! Just off hey 1, so easy to find. beautiful veiw and jacizzi tub was an added bonus for an achy back from a long drive. I'll be back!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank sailingsarah
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this very flattering review.

I am so happy that you found my team friendly and they gave you great service. I am pleased that you enjoyed the clean comfortable room with a great bed. Our Jacuzzi rooms all have the view of the city and it is always nice to have your own jetted tub to relax in.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.