“Marvelous Maverick” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Big Lake Ranch, British Columbia
“Marvelous Maverick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Good location and very clean rooms. Nice and friendly staff, very helpful. Close to shopping and the restaurant had excellent food. I will definitely use this establishment again! A great price for a weekend get away!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to sign up for Tripadvisor and leaving us this nice review.

I was very pleased to hear that you found your room very clean and our team at the front desk friendly and helpful. My entire team thanks you for your kind words. Nothing delights them more than a guest acknowledging their services.

I do agree that we are fortunate that we are in a great location, close to Aberdeen Mall, many restaurants and other shops and services. The Beijing Restaurant located on our property provides our guests and locals with fresh quality food, the line-up for their buffets at lunch says it all.

I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Drayton Valley, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We sated at the Maverick Motor Inn as we were traveling home from our Christmas vacation. The hotel was older but everything was very clean and comfortable and well taken care of.

We were a little worried that this hotel would be sketchy as it was at least $40 cheaper than the others. But after reading the positive reviews we booked anyways and were pleasantly surprised!

The hotel lobby and hallways had been redone with new paint and carpeting. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful when checking in. Our room had older carpets and older decor but everything was very clean and well taken care of. The beds were comfy. We didn't try the water slide or the pool but they looked like they would be good!
The continental breakfast provided, although not fancy was good. The toast and fruit and cereal hit the spot before heading out on the rest of our journey home!

Would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again if our travels take us through Kamloops again. The Mavrick Motor in can't be beat with their excellent rates and clean rooms!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am glad that you enjoyed our clean comfortable room. Our housekeeping team works hard and it is appreciated when guests like you acknowledge their attention to detail.

I believe in our statement of "Quality that is affordable". We do our best to offer clean, affordable accommodation where guests like you get a great surprise! Our entire team at the Maverick works hard to make all guests welcome by providing the best service and product we can.

We are constantly updating our property. Currently we are completing the installation of new granite countertops in our bathroom and vanity area with new bathroom flooring. Our new bedspreads that have been ordered will tie the entire room together and compliment the new furniture and flat screen TV.

Our selected continental breakfast item was chosen to offer guests like you a perfect start to your next journey. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast selection.

I thank you again for taking the time to review our property and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Kamloops.

Lumby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I often visit Kamloops. We have always stayed at the Maverick. The rooms are spacious and very clean, offering great value for money. There were a couple of times we needed to book a room at the last minute and Julie always got us in and at a great room rate. We recently booked a standard room and were surprised with a beautifully upgraded suite at no extra charge. We have always found the staff to be professional, helpful and truly caring people who genuinely want your stay to be pleasant.
The Maverick is easy to find and is situated across from the Aberdeen Mall and the Cinemas. They have a Chinese restaurant next door and the food is excellent. But there are many other restaurants nearby if you prefer. A Continental Breakfast is included with the room which we have always found to be good. The fact that we always return says everything!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor facing South Kamloops have beautiful views.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
It is always a great feeling when a regular guest like you takes the time to leave us such a nice review on Tripadvisor.

We enjoy being able to give a little bonus of an upgrade or a view room to a loyal guest during the holiday season.

I am very proud of my front desk team; the way they take care of our guests, their professionalism and their helpful natures. I am also delighted that my housekeeping team takes pride in their work every day to keep our hotel clean and comfortable.

It is great to be in such a good location with Aberdeen Mall and other shops so close. The Beijing Restaurant being here at the hotel is truly a bonus for guests who enjoy good Chinese food and having a variety of restaurants close by has always been a plus.

Thank you for this wonderful review. I look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Would like to give 3.5 stars but it won't let me. Very good service, staff were great. Location is very close to the highway which was perfect for our trip to the coast. Lots of shopping and restaurants close by. There is a chinese food place attached I will review that one as well. The waterslide and pool were nice the kids enjoyed them. Downsides would be that it is an older building that probably needs to upgraded. We will stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for taking time from your holiday to leave us this nice review.

I am very glad that my staff exceeded your expectations and that your children enjoyed the waterslide and pool. We are fortunate to have so many shops and restaurants nearby.

As you probably know renovations and upgrading in any hotel is an ongoing process. We have recently put in new granite counter tops and new linoleum floors into most of our bathrooms and vanity areas and will be finishing this project in the next few months.

Thank you again for your review. Happy Holidays

Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night driving through to Vancouver. It was great to get out of the car. The room was spacious and most importantly clean. There is an excellent video collection for families to use. The pool and hot tub were small but after a day in the car a welcome treat. Not the most modern hotel but still perfectly serviceable. I didn't take a look at the breakfast so can't comment on that.

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am glad you enjoyed a clean, warm, spacious room and had a chance to treat yourself to our pool and hot tub. Our video collection is very nice for all members of the family.

We hope the rest of your trip was a pleasant one and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Kamloops. Happy Holidays.

Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have been coming to the maverick since 2006 as I work in kamloops quite often. I have now moved to kamloops so I'm not there as often. Patrick and his staff are excellent, they know me by name, give me a great room rate and every now and then treat me to an upgraded suite for the same price. The hotel has been upgraded and the restaraunt and continental breakfast are very convenient. Keep up the great work guys

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to sign up with Tripadvisor and for leaving this wonderful review.

The perfect score is what we strive for every time, especially with repeat corporate guests like you.

It makes me very proud of my staff when they can treat our guests like family and get to know them over time.

We all thank you for the kind compliments and even though you are now living in Kamloops, invite you back to tour our newest renovation, our granite counter tops in our bathrooms and vanity areas.

Thanks again for this glowing review.

Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We spent one night at the Maverick and found our room to be clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the location of the hotel is really handy as it is just off the highway. There is a Chinese restaurant just a few strides from the hotel and there are plenty of shops close by.
The breakfast was good and the staff were friendly and helpful - giving us information about routes for our onward journey which proved to be valuable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. It is always a pleasure to have a Top Reviewer like you, contribute such nice comments about us to the Tripadvisor community.

I am very pleased that you found your room clean, spacious and comfortable and that you enjoyed your free breakfast.

My team was especially pleased to be mentioned as friendly and helpful and mentioned that they hope the rest of your trip was pleasant.

Thank you again for reviewing our property, I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to the Kamloops area.