“Ok place, but don't ask for a late checkout”
Review of Grandview Motel

Grandview Motel
Grandview Motel
Ranked #19 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Kelowna, Canada
“Ok place, but don't ask for a late checkout”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Hello fellow travelers,

So I find myself in Kamloops on a business contract. The company paid for this motel as part of the agreement.

This is a run of the mill mom and pop operation. The place is O.K., Clean, relatively modern and well kept.

The chamber person had a hard time understanding a simple request to leave extra coffee and toiletries as I worked overnight the last three days I was here. Not his fault I'm sure, but if you hire staff that caters to the general public, they should at least be able to respond to the language spoken by it's customers.

I'd like to say it was quiet, and it is generally. However, the person below me started playing loud music at 6 am, the time came back from shift. ARRGH!

Now for the kicker. Again, I can't blame the hotel owners for the following as part of the issues was a mis communication involving third parties.

I was awakened from a deep sleep by the phone. It has to ring twice. When I awoke from my deep slumber, I explained that I needed a late checkout.

WOW, to my great dismay, the owner asked for a FEE for this usual request.

As a seasoned traveler, I have stayed in a different motel in this province at least every week since the spring of this year. It never ceases to amaze me how some owners try to take advantage of their guest.

Interesting note here. I was going to rate this place a three but because of a simple indiscretion, my rating will drop considerably.

Your travel partner,

Guy

Room Tip: I'd ask for a first floor room as it will offer more quiet from the very busy main artery just b...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We, a party of 3 adults and 2 kids stayed for a night here last june 7th and we are welcomed warmly by Victor and other staff. The room was very clean and was happy to see breakable cups and glasses for our use. There is also a propane barbecue for guests to use if anybody would fancy eating something grilled on a nice day. I would definitely stay in this place again and will recommend this to friends who will visit Kamloops.

Room Tip: Pool not open.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bmgt00
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2013

My name is Jason and I found the Grandview Motel to be very convenient, great service and friendly management. The rooms were very clean with nice amenities and the view was excellent.
I had a very nice stay for one month thru the company I was employed with and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice place to stay at an affordable rate.

Jason
Lead Estimator/Project Forman

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank j f
North Saanich, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We made a group booking but had to cancel with plenty of notice. The manager emailed the contract stating 2 weeks notice to cancel ( web site states 2 days ) 10 days before the booked dates so we were stuck paying over $1200 to cancel. Cancelled at the Best Western Kamloops, no prblems. Lesson learned, go with a reputable chain that has morals.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jeff p
Burns Lake
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We were happy to check in but were advised after we checked in that if people payed a weekly rate, they would only changed towels once a week. Once a week! If your a travelor check out all these details.

Room Tip: If you want good service ask the rooms before you pay a deposit and ask questions about their servic...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My family and I stayed at the Grandview Motel for one night on our way to Banff. It is a good and clean motel - rooms were spotlessly clean and had nice touches like a tea towel and actual mugs which plays to the fact that it is independent and family run. The beds were very comfortable. It was also within walking distance of Kamloops town centre (about 10-15 mins walk).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank beznee
Federated States of Micronesia
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Stopped here on the way to, and the way from the Rockies. Basic motel, had everything we needed. Would stay here again

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family