“Ranchland Motel Kamloops”

Ranked #20 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Surrey, Canada
“Ranchland Motel Kamloops”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We stopped in overnight on our way back home to Vancouver driving from Edmonton. Friendly service. We liked the complementary continental breakfast that you were able to just help yourself and take it back to your room. The hot tub was a nice feature. The price was excellent, very affordable! The air conditioner in the room was a little bit dated/old, and it was a tad noisy. We are big on having comfortable pillows and we found that the pillows were not that good. But, they did provide several pillow (at least 4 I think), so you did have a few to choose from, and this is a very subjective opinion because we are a little but picky about pillows, so I think to most people they would have been just fine. The room was very clean and had a great (and very clean) bathroom with a spacious shower/tub combo and a heat lamp. Very close to a variety of restaurants, fast food joints, and gas stations. We thought this was a very good choice for our overnight stay!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
pam049, Owner at The Ranchland Inn, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
thank you for reviews and your business. I am so glad to hear from you,your needs, I will put some extra pillows in the rooms for your comfortable stay. I love to serve you better in the future. Thank you, for you liked our clean motel. see you on your next trip. your truly, Pam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I have spent dozens of nights at The Ranchland Motel in Kamloops. It's friendly, clean and relatively cheap. I enjoy having the option of a simple continental breakfast, or coffee in my room. The TVs have been updated recently. The Ranchland Motel is located on a side street off the TransCanada, at the east end of Kamloops in the Valleyview area, a pleasant area for a walk. The Ranchland Motel has been operated by a very pleasant family for many years. It's consistantly great value, a friendly Kamloops motel that is easy in the budget.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Simple, basic amenities, fairly priced.
Exceptional service from motel director. Great job by cleaning staff.
I would definitely recommend this motel if you're looking for something cheap without all the bells and whistles most of us could do without anyway.

• Stayed September 2012
ranchland, Manager at The Ranchland Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the The Ranchland Motel. We greatly appreciate receiving feedback from our guests.

As you mentioned, our rooms are clean, comfortable and price you paid. We hope to host you and your family again. Thank you
pam
Ontario
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Yes, definitely a clean establishment and no complaints about the noise; didn't hear a thing during our stay. However, as they say, you get what you pay for. This is definitely a bare bones place. I asked the receptionist if they had cots available, and the response was, "I doubt it." I also asked if he had any recommendations for places to eat, and he suggested we go downtown and walk around. I don't think either of those questions were particularly difficult to answer, but there it is.

The continental breakfast was perfectly adequate, however. Nice fresh fruit, toast, and tasty muffins. If I needed to save money, I would definitely stay here again. Otherwise, I would probably lay out a few extra bucks for something a little nicer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stay here a couple of times a year. The rooms are always clean, the bathtub/shower is great, staff is friendly and you can't beat the value.

Good for travelers on a short stay. The only issue is it is a little far from town.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Don't go looking for a 4 Star, 5 Star Hotel, this is a Motel, Yes it was $80 something/night, yes its right off the highway, yes its near the train tracks, once inside the room we didn't hear a thing, only the occasional Fatty or over compensating douche walking on the second level. I don't expect any place not to have bugs, spiders, and centipedes get into every ones houses. I killed the spider, didn't really want it crawling into my mouth while I slept.

The place looks like its attempting to upgrade and replace items in the rooms, we were luck enough to get a room that had a newer shower, a nice fiber glass tub, only suggestion would be to put in a detachable shower head, as the current one was made for a midget, anyone under 4'11" would have loved it. The room also had a nice new LCD TV, A fridge, Microwave and Hair Dryer. Not many 4 star hotels put a microwave in your room. I was able to buy popcorn, microwave it, and relax. Its not like I was here for a long time, but for the 2 nights we stayed, it was just fine.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lee U
Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We made a last minute booking to stay here on a drive from Calgary to Vancouver. We originally booked a double room for four adults over the phone. The woman (I forget her name) was incredibly helpful and offered us a good deal on the one room. I had forgotten to request a ground floor room, which was important because one person in our party has mobility issues. We also decided that two rooms would likely be better. When we arrived we asked if it would be possible to change things around a bit and get a second room, which was done immediately and for minimal extra charge. The only issue was the 'continental breakfast' was nothing impressive, but we weren't interested in it anyway.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. It's a typical roadside motel, so nothing to write home about, but for this category of accommodation it's perfect. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family