“Clean and quiet!!!!”

The Ranchland Inn
Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
“Clean and quiet!!!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Blew my expectations apart. Had small clean rooms at very low price. I cannot believe how quiet it was, I usually sleep with earplugs and it was near the road. But they must have built this old motel with super thick insulation I did not hear any slamming door or vehicles and it is a drive up room. Breakfast even had fruit and she gave me two! Thanks Pam I shall return!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Booked this motel (online) because it was pet friendly. Pleasantly surprised that the room was clean but very basic. Motel was on the east side of Kamloops on the Highway on 'motel row', almost one of the last motels. The staff were very friendly and answered most of our questions. Parking lot was brightly light and appeared safe, but did the normal precautions - nothing valuable in the vehicle. A/C was awesome - really appreciated as we were there on the Aug long weekend and it was hot. The free continental breakfast was rather disappointing (brown and white bread for toasting and an assortment of muffins, with tea, coffee and orange juice). We were disappointed because when my wife went to serve herself OJ from the dispenser, there was a small fly in it and she showed it to one of the staff. The response was Disappointing and Startling: "oh it must have come in through the opening on the top" but she DID NOT THROW OUT the contaminated OJ, just offered my wife another cup from the SAME dispenser!!!... this was gross!!!!
Would I recommend the place... yes for a short stay, clean rooms, abit over priced for the location and being dog friendly. But I'd be careful about the quality of the food and the way they respond to health issues.

Room Tip: Well, we were on the ground floor room 115 but no problems about noise level etc.. We had our 2 larg...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Spruce Grove, Alberta Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked this motel very last minute and I was pleasantly suprised. The motel was very easy to find, even at night. The parking lot was very well lit so I felt completely safe leaving my BMW convertible outside overnight. The front desk staff was extremely polite and helpful. The room was a good size and most importantly, it was clean! I was so impressed with this motel that I booked it again on my way home. Will stay here agin for sure and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Maple Ridge, British Columbia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Beautiful cool clean room after a very hot day of travel - it was heavenly! The front desk people were friendly and helpful - recommended a great place to eat and everything in the room was perfect. Extremely good value.

Room Tip: Bubble bath for that big comfy tub!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A friend and I got a room at this place off Hotwire and were a little nervous about the 2-star rating. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. While there wasn't a pool onsite (it was at least 35 degrees when we were there and we were melting), there was a shared one at the Super 8 just down the road, which was awesome. The rooms were clean and didn't smell like smoke (a welcome change from comparable motels) and I really appreciated the new bathtub they had; it's one of those one-piece fitted thingies and it was very clean and felt comfortable to use. They could use some new towels as the ones they have are pretty threadbare but again, they were also clean. I also found this motel quite quiet in comparison to some of the other places we'd just stayed. The woman at the desk (I'm assuming she's the owner) was super accommodating and really friendly and pleasant and very on-the-ball, which I appreciated. As other reviewers are mentioning, the breakfast is very very basic but honestly we were surprised there even was one, so it was all a bonus to us! Again, while this place isn't deluxe by any stretch of the imagination, it more than adequately filled our needs and I would definitely consider this place again. Don't believe the two stars!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy Janzen
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here for a single night and it was a very good experience. The room was clean, quiet and the bed was acceptably comfortable. Wifi was functional if a bit sluggish. Breakfast was really basic but par for the course for this type of accommodation. The price was pretty insane at around $60.

Would stay here again if I was passing through Kamloops. No real need to spend more.

On more thing: behind the hotel is a really great park and school playground, perfect for kids to burn off some energy before bed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Monmouth, Oregon
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Nothing fancy here, but all we wanted was a clean, quiet, comfortable place to sleep on a road trip. We arrived late and left early. The rooms were only $60/might. The rooms look drab but they were clean. The breakfast is nothing to shout about, muffin, coffee, an apple, but we were there to get sleep, and it was comfy enough. I would stay again, if traveling and just needing a place to sleep. This motel would not be a fun vacation stay or multi-night destination. Stop and go. P.S. we are 100% sure we left a child's blanket there, and we called a few days later and they never did find it.

Room Tip: We had two rooms, they were identical.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family