See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 March 2012

As soon as I opened the door there was a TERRIBLE stench, lock on door and window was not secure, I did not feel safe, especially with all the strange people I noticed outside as I was bringing my belongings in. I was afraid to leave the window open to air out, not knowing what might walk by. I didnt want to leave my valuables in the car, afraid it would be broken in, but wasn't sure how safe they would be in the room as well if i went out. Side table and counters werent wiped, gross splatter marks on lamp, gross spoltches in bathroom floor, i was afraid to look at the tub/toilet/sink etc, i saw enough when i looked at the floor. extra pillows and towels looked thrown on the self, empty tissue box, the room obviously had not been cared for. These are the things I noticed right away, if the obvious things have not been cleaned, i cant imagine everything else! Not to mention the terrible decor, did not make me feel at ease. Total of 10 min in that room, now I need to take a shower, thankfully the owner gave my money back, even after telling me that was one of the "better" rooms. We went down the street and for $20 more, I can sleep in peace.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Courtenayc
Reviewed 30 January 2012

In two minds on this place, on the one hand it’s very cheap and is what it is – a basic motel the same location as pretty much every other motel in the town. On the other hand it’s quite dirty and old (e.g. there was a chair in the ‘swimming pool’ when we were there.

You get what you pay for, personally I’d pay a little extra next time for one of the other motels.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The motel is located on the main highway away from the touristy spots. However, kamloops being a small place, most of the city attractions are located within a 15-20 mins drive. The rooms are quite spacious but the decor is a bit tacky/dated (expected as this is a no-frills motel). The pool was not operating and looked in dilapidated state. The place was being managed by an Indian gentleman and he was very accommodating of our requests. Overall, good place for just sleeping over night without expecting to be close to the nightlife/city based attractions.

Room Tip: try and get ground floor rooms with parking right in front
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This motel has definetely seen better days but I only needed a place for a single night and I was travelling on a tight budget. I found it shabby but very clean with firm but comfortable beds. This is not suitable for someone with mobility problems as there are no grab-bars in the bathroom which has a deep tub. It does not have very secure windows or doors. The door has a little chain lock along with a door handle lock. The windows don't seem to lock, there is no security bar for it and the screens all look lke they've been pried out at some point in time. But, for $70 a night, I had a clean room with a decent bed. I got my money's worth.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sok30_11
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Old place, I would suggest spend $10-20 more and get a nice decent place. During my stay, there was no water in the pool and no breakfast provided. It was cheap, might be good for budget minded people.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo