See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

His motel was awful. I should have clued in at check in when the guy at the desk seemed to be struggling to find me a room, even when I had already booked and confirmed! And then he asked me if I smoked and when I said 'no', he grinned weirdly..

The stairs leading up to the second level were very unsafe. The room was dirty and old and just really disgusting.

I'm not a very fussy traveller, but I just couldn't stay here. We talked to the front desk, got our money back and got the heck out!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
transcanadamotel, Webmaster at Trans Canada Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Trans Canada Motel.
We are very much concerned with your feedback.
Our apologies for the bad experience.
Our endeavor is to offer a nice stay to all our guests but failed this time.
Actions shall be taken to improve everything on war foot and you can have a good stay next time.
Hope you will reconsider.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Can not fault this place, we only stayed one night but could easily have stayed another if required.

Checkin was easy and friendly. The room was clean, included a fridge and microwave and the beds were comfy.

Wifi was a bit sketchy in our room - not a deal breaker for us but it may be for somebody else.
Good value, would have no problem staying here or recommending to anybody.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
transcanadamotel, Webmaster at Trans Canada Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Trans Canada Motel during your recent visit to our area.
We appreciate your review and the observations both positive as well as negative
They are precious to us and we shall surely take them for improvement.
We are addressing your observations point by point for further improvement and you shall definitely see the difference during your next visit.
We await your earliest next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

It is slightly removed from the Trans Canada Highway so may be a little quieter than other places. Probably it has been some time that any real renovations and painting has been done. The room was a little smaller than other regular motel rooms. Check in was friendly. The rate was the lowest of any Kamloops motels (using the usual websites). A chain (not a deadbolt) was used to secure the door from the inside.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
transcanadamotel, Webmaster at Trans Canada Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review and the observations both positive as well as for improvement.
They are precious to us and we shall surely take them for improvement.
We await your earliest next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the motel o our way to Vancouver. We checked in a little later at night. Staff was friendly and quick to check us in. The room was good for the price clean and a firm bed. They accepted pets and the room we stayed in was well set up for dogs. Good value for the money.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
transcanadamotel, Webmaster at Trans Canada Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so pleased that you found Our staff friendly and our hotel rates reasonable. I am glad that you like our clean room and bed. We take real pride in this hotel and in serving guests like you, and I’m extremely happy that you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Cheapest place In Kamloops I think. Did the trick for a quick 6 hour sleep.

The air conditioner was very noisy and so were the neighbours.

The shower pressure was good. Decor is very minimal and dated, but who cares. It's a roadside truck stop.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
transcanadamotel, Webmaster at Trans Canada Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways, especially with air condition and Fellow guests. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the hotel better than ever.

Hotel Manager"