“nice staff, clean, a little bit of an odd location”

Holiday Inn Suites Kamloops
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights last weekend. Had a suite type room with 2 queen beds and a separate sitting area.
Good- clean, good tvs with lots of channels, decent shower. Although it is on what is referred to as "the north shore" it was surprising close to the downtown. They did have a shuttle, but we didn't use it. Has relatively comfortable beds with choice of soft or firm pillows
Not so great- loud air conditioning that woke me up more than a couple of times. Like I said, odd location without a lot of good restaurants near by.
I would stay there again, mostly because I am not sure Kamloops has a lot of great choice, and at least it was new and clean.

Room Tip: I would have rather had a room in the "back" as the street noise could be loud.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 August 2011

I would say this is the best hotel in Kamloops. I travel here every other year to see family and this is the first time I stayed at this hotel and I will stay here again. The rooms are very well maintained and the beds are so comfy and come with a pillow menu!!!! I have a bad neck and I had a great sleep! Not common for me in a hotel. I travel all over on business and pleasure. I would reccomend this hotel for anyone visiting Kamloops. Also, the staff are the best I have met in this area..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Caper0214
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The staff was so friendly. Check in was a pleasure. We were traveling with our dog. They have a very large fenced in grass area for dogs. The rooms were very nice. Restaurant in the hotel was terrific. Overall a wonderful place e to stay in Kamloops.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank pskids
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Have a family of 4, both children under 6, asked for a crib, it was in room all made up, had a suite,fantastic room plenty of space, excellent facilities.
Free breakfast for the kids when eating in the restaurant.

Would happily stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Suite, spacious and worth the cost, espescially travelling with kids
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Seriously! I have a love-hate relationship with BC, love going there, hate being ripped off by their second rate hotels because they know that people will visit there anyway. The Kamloops HI is the exception that proves the rule! This was my second stay - last time was a few months ago...liked it then but truly appreciated this stay after mediocre experiences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria.
First off - I messed up the reservation big time and not only did Chris at Central Reservations (in Salt Lake City) help me fix it up, but Ashley (manager in Kamloops) called me the next day to confirm my somewhat bizarre requirements. I so appreciated that as I couldn't bear to arrive late and have to sort out what we had reserved and what had and had not been paid. So yay for Ashley
The hotel itself is very new, clean and the rooms we had were supremely comfortably. The location is a bit complicated to find and not beautiful but there are shops and restaurants nearby. The pool was a nice temperature and the attached restaurant (which I ate at on the last stay) pretty good.
I will recommend this hotel to everyone and use it every time I pass through en route from Vancouver to Calgary or vice versa.

Room Tip: IF you order food from outside make sure they know its the HI and Suites and not the Holiday Inn Exp...
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We just stayed overnight to break up a long drive with the kids but the hotel was much better than we expected. Kids eat free at the whitespot in the hotel. And the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This is a quietly situated hotel in the lower part of Kamloops. It's new, with tasteful modern furnishings throughout.

The rooms are very comfortable and well-designed. There are soft and firm pillows on each bed to suit different tastes.

The place is very well-run with thorough attention to detail. Rooms and public areas are kept very clean. All staff we dealt with were cheerful and helpful, most of all the front desk manager (Ashley).

The pool is inviting and the fitness area fine for a light workout. There is a well-stocked 24-hour tuck shop for a snack in your room. The restaurant is good; my only suggestion is wider choice for breakfast (e.g. eggs, fresh fruit by itself).

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Kamloops hotels
Aberdeen
Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops
Hotel 540
#6 of 54 in Kamloops
City Center
Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel
The Plaza Hotel
#9 of 54 in Kamloops

Been to Holiday Inn Suites Kamloops? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Suites Kamloops

Address: 675 Tranquille Road, Kamloops, British Columbia V2B 3H7, Canada
Region: Canada > British Columbia > Kamloops > North Shore
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#6 Family Hotel in Kamloops
#9 Business Hotel in Kamloops
#13 Romantic Hotel in Kamloops
Price Range: £76 - £114 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Suites Kamloops 3*
This ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Suites Kamloops reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Suites Kamloops Hotel Kamloops