“Just keeps getting better ����”
Review of Dreamscape Ranch

Dreamscape Ranch
“Just keeps getting better ����”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at dreamscape many times in the last 10 years and it just gets better every time. Lea, Bud and the many students I have met are awesome, the food is fantastic, the views are spectacular and the critters are all cute. Whether you want the full ranch experience - the horseback riding is great - time it right and you can maybe help the neighbors move some cows - or just to escape the city for a while - choose Dreamscape it is second to none. I will continue to visit for the next 10 years and more. Love you guys

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Osaka
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We decided to stay at Dreamscape Ranch because we didn't want just another hotel room. Am I glad we did! We felt welcomed as if we were close friends and were encouraged to treat their home as ours. The feeling was very relaxed, friendly and comfortable. We arrived just before dinner and could only stay one night. Although our time was short, we still had a wonderful time! The views from the porch were amazing and we just sat and relaxed and enjoyed the peace and calm. Oh, and the FOOD! We opted to include dinner and I'm so glad we did. It was like a Sunday dinner from my past. Amazingly delicious! Breakfast too was delicious and we were given a packed lunch to take on our way. We will certainly hope to return!

Room Tip: Delicious home cooking! Include as many meals as you can in your stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nonbirira P
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We booked the “Ranch Stay” option from Dreamscape Ranch in the “Blacksmith” guest room. The ranch is a little off beaten track making for an ideal get away from the normal town or city life but still close enough for an evening out. We stayed at the ranch for a full week and never ran out of things to do.

Lea and Bud welcomed us with open arms and made us feel very welcome. Their home was our home during the stay and the atmosphere was one of pure relaxation. We were free to come and go as we pleased, and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were decorated in a western style with no doubt that you were living on a ranch. Excellent.

The days consisted of riding lessons lead by Sara with the help of the students (Mel, Leah, Lisa, Natascha) making sure that the horses are comfortable, and that we, as beginning riders, were safe and were not overwhelmed. You can also do groundwork with the horses which we can fully recommend. You as the guest can set the goal of your stay and the ranch will accommodate to your objective and your riding ability.

If a lazy day is what you were after then the sofa/porch are ideal for curling up with a book and a dog (three beautiful cuddle monsters of fun) and just letting the fresh air and landscape make your day slide by.

Thanks guys......

Alexandra and Rob.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I recently returned from a vacation to Dreamscape Ranch where I spent a week enjoying the absolutely superb service provided by Lea, Bud, Erica and Sara. From start to finish my stay far exceeded expectations. This is one family who goes above and beyond to make sure every guest's stay is comfortable and to be flexible to individual guest's needs and they are such incredibly nice people as well!

The view from the main ranch house is absolutely spectacular. I stayed in their fifth wheel trailer which has been very nicely set up with it's own private deck/patio, hammock, a beautiful flower garden, and very comfortable private accommodation. Erica and Lea did a wonderful job preparing my meals and they were very flexible with my dietary restrictions and provided meals "for the road" when I took day trips to see the local sights.

I was fairly nervous about horses but Sara is highly competent at helping people gain the skills to become more at ease. After some time in the small paddock and in their arena, I had the confidence to feel comfortable on a trail ride and enjoy the absolutely spectacular scenery.

I also very much enjoyed the company of the students who were rooming at the Ranch to learn horsemanship. What a lovely group of young ladies and collectively, what a warm "family environment" the Thorsen's have established. As a solo traveller, I did not feel at all awkward, but felt welcome at all times.

I would recommend Dreamscape Ranch in a heartbeat and hope to return again at some time in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We had a great stay at Dreamscape with our toddler - Lea, Bud, Sara and the girls looked after us well and made it such a fun and memorable time. I would strongly recommend a stay at the Ranch to anyone who wants to have a break from life's stresses and to enjoy good views, company and nature.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Dreamscape Ranch is an amazing place with amazing views! Bud and Lea were so accommodating and made us feel at home right away. So many wonderful western touches in the rooms as well as chocolates on your pillow and bath robes for your stay. We were lucky enough to experience a wonderful dinner cooked by Lea. The riding country is breathtaking and the horses well loved and wonderful to ride. We will be returning for sure!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank NicoleP2010
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I really enjoyed my Ranchstay on the Dreamscape Ranch. Bud&Lea's Dream came true, it's a real escape for everyone from the daily routine. The sunrises were so fabulous! It's one of the most peaceful places I've ever been. And the trails with the horses were always great. I hope I can go back to that beautiful place and those great people and horses. <3 I can recommend the Dreamscape Ranch to everyone, it's such a nice expirience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo