“Nice stay”
Review of Acadian Inn

Acadian Inn
Ranked #38 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I loved the great view, the quiet, the ability to cover all my special requests, ie microwave, ground floor, etc. The staff were great. The breakfast room was a nice start to the day. The restaurant next door was yummy and reasonable and generous with the food. I will stay again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara771

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was a little leary of the motel when driving to it. The checking in process was okay, but we did not feel welcomed to the property.
The recently renovated room was very comfortable. The room was very clean and we had a great sleep on the wonderful bed. Don't expect artwork on the walls, but everything worked. My wife was impressed how clean the bathroom was. The flat screen TV was mounted on the wall which made it easy to watch from bed. Our only disappointment was that the coffee packets provided were for a one-cup coffee maker and not for the four-cup coffee maker in the room. It's unfortunate that the motel went cheap on the coffee. I would stay here again if traveling through Kamloops. There is a small restaurant on site, but we did not eat there. This is a good motel to over night at as you travel along the Trans Canada Highway.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed at Acadian for two nights recently. Without prior booking, I directly dropped in the hotel and checked in and asked for a room with one queen size bed for myself. The staff assigned me to a room on the groud floor initially. After I told him I would prefer a upper-floor room, he kindly reassigned me to a bigger room with two queen size beds on the second floor. The room and bathroom were newly renovated and very clean and well supplied even though standard. There was no problem with noise. I stayed quite comfortably there. The price was pretty good as well. So, I would stay here again next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed at the Acadian for a week in August 2013. It's as standard as can be. The room/bathroom/kitchenette areas were clean. I asked to be moved to a room with a desk (as seen in some of the pictures), but the staff instead supplied me with a small table that did the trick. No complaints about noise. A microwave and fridge were available. There's a restaurant located in the parking lot that I didn't check out. You're on your own for breakfast. Basically a bare-bones, value-for-money place to stay.

Room Tip: 115 suited me fine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Close to everything and not far from downtown. We stayed overnight here. It was a good place to have a stop on our way to the island. The room wasn't bad and it looks like there has been some work to maintain lately. Easy find off the highway too.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Looking for a good overnight spot on the drive east or west? Very friendly and accommodating staff. Just after I checked in, even gave me water and juice box for the next day. Room and bathroom was recently renovated, well supplied bathroom, new kitchenette, appliances and TV. Though basic, very clean. Comfortable bed, I had no problems with noisy neighbours or loud air-conditioning. WiFi worked great. No much in the immediate area, but good coffee and muffins at the adjacent restaurant.

I make the drive through the Rockies regularly, based on this experience will stop here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The room we were given was clean as were other things in it; toiletry was well stocked including mouth wash. The air conditioner was relatively quiet unlike other economy hotels/inns. A mini-fridge and a micro-wave were supplied. The beds were OK. This inn appears to be relatively new or recently renovated. So we do not quite understand how other rooms as described by some reviewers could be so different. There were two chairs in the room: one improvement that could be made would be to add a small table for work such as with a laptop instead of on your lap and sitting on a bed.
The location was good, being close to Highway 1 or 5, and to restaurants highly rated in Tripadvisor. Recommended without reservations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple