“Don't go here especially if you have a pet.”
Review of Acadian Inn

Acadian Inn
Ranked #38 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Roberts Creek, Canada
“Don't go here especially if you have a pet.”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I saw that this place was pet friendly, and I read the reviews which seemed fairly positive. I was excited because it said it had been recently renovated. So after a long lonely drive from Edmonton, just my dog and I, I was ready for a good sleep in a safe, clean hotel!
I got there late around 10:45 PM and there seemed to a mix up with what kind of room I wanted and whether I had reserved or not. Regardless, I was shown to a room and it was in the right ground level corner of the motel beside a creepy looking swimming pool. I was given a KEY, not a card, to a door knob which looked like it was 40 years old, which felt unsafe. It was a dark and cold room, old tile floor. I didn't feel safe at all. The room looked like I had time warped back to 1960. I understand folks with pets may get slightly less extravagant rooms but this whole TripAdvisor portrayal of a good place to say was all wrong for me. I had expected I was going to get a nice room with a sense of security and modernity, not shoved in the dated, creepy corner of a motel just because I had a dog.
I spent 2 minutes looking around my room, decided to go for a walk and mull my options over, decided to get a refund, and head to the Comfort Inn & Suites which I highly recommend at 11:30pm which was twice as much money but four times as nice! They were extremely accommodating and allowed dogs, no problem! And I had a lovely room!
BUT when I got my Visa statement I realized the guy had refunded $10 less than the $80
I paid.
Sneaky.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great motel - clean, easy to get to, light rooms with plenty of space and tea/coffee etc facilities plus good bathroom. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Out of the town centre, but only a five minute drive away, good value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Armagh
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here on route from Vancouver to Jasper. It was an ideal location for our onward journey the next morning and the staff where very helpful. The rooms are basic but great value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was our second time staying at Acadian. On our way from Calgary to Vancouver we stayed here for a night. It is usually very quiet and you can get a good night sleep, they provide shampoo, conditioner, mouth wash and body lotion, hair dryer, lots of towels and TV with some channels. I recommend it and will stay again if I am on the road.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were at one time regular customers until the Senior Games in 2013 of which we were not associated with. When I phoned to make reservations for one night I was told the price for that night was $150 as compared to the usual $72/night. I hadn't been aware that the senior games were going on during our stay. Although the price is very high for what you get at the Acadian, I agreed knowing I would probably not find any accommodations last minute. The next day we checked out at 11:45 instead of 11:00. When I went to return the key I was told that I was charged for an additional day. Since it was my own fault I was fine with that until I saw I was charged for $150 again even though the Senior Games were over and there were dozens of rooms available. I inquired about the cost and was told it was because of the Senior Games again. We asked the couple in the room beside us that had just arrived how much they were charged and they told us it was the regular price of $72. We went back to the office and complained but they refused to refund part of our money. I feel like I was severely taken advantage of and we now refuse to stay there again. The Acadian is absolutely nothing special but we were regular customers because of the price. Once you take that away the Acadian has absolutely nothing to offer.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cindyowe

Travellers are raving about these Kamloops hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I loved the great view, the quiet, the ability to cover all my special requests, ie microwave, ground floor, etc. The staff were great. The breakfast room was a nice start to the day. The restaurant next door was yummy and reasonable and generous with the food. I will stay again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tamara771
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was a little leary of the motel when driving to it. The checking in process was okay, but we did not feel welcomed to the property.
The recently renovated room was very comfortable. The room was very clean and we had a great sleep on the wonderful bed. Don't expect artwork on the walls, but everything worked. My wife was impressed how clean the bathroom was. The flat screen TV was mounted on the wall which made it easy to watch from bed. Our only disappointment was that the coffee packets provided were for a one-cup coffee maker and not for the four-cup coffee maker in the room. It's unfortunate that the motel went cheap on the coffee. I would stay here again if traveling through Kamloops. There is a small restaurant on site, but we did not eat there. This is a good motel to over night at as you travel along the Trans Canada Highway.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family