“Be realistic in your expectations.”
Review of Acadian Inn

Acadian Inn
Ranked #38 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wanted an inexpensive place to sleep over before an early morning event next day. The Inn is old. It could certainly use a face lift. My room certainly needed a few repairs. Not too many electrical outlets available. Furniture was about college dorm level. On the other side, the unit I was given was spacious. The front staff was friendly. They did not leave a chocolate on the pillow at night, but all the basics were there. I didn't expect a lot. I got what I paid for. Good crash pad.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Acadian Inn is a very good basic motel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The rooms have a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. The air conditioning worked really well - not too loud and it kept the temperature just right. The location is good - a 20 minute walk into downtown, or a few minutes to drive. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This motel is conveniently located in Kamloops and suits individuals who want to use Kamloops for a brief stopover. We stayed there twice in July, 2014 and the rooms given were good - no complaints. Bathroom was clean. Sailesh was a nice young guy who would greet the guests with warmth. However, the doormat was so dirty on both occasions that I didn't even want to look at it. This was a doormat that would cost just a couple of dollars in a Dollar Store. Why do they let the good impression turn bad for just two dollars ?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I saw that this place was pet friendly, and I read the reviews which seemed fairly positive. I was excited because it said it had been recently renovated. So after a long lonely drive from Edmonton, just my dog and I, I was ready for a good sleep in a safe, clean hotel!
I got there late around 10:45 PM and there seemed to a mix up with what kind of room I wanted and whether I had reserved or not. Regardless, I was shown to a room and it was in the right ground level corner of the motel beside a creepy looking swimming pool. I was given a KEY, not a card, to a door knob which looked like it was 40 years old, which felt unsafe. It was a dark and cold room, old tile floor. I didn't feel safe at all. The room looked like I had time warped back to 1960. I understand folks with pets may get slightly less extravagant rooms but this whole TripAdvisor portrayal of a good place to say was all wrong for me. I had expected I was going to get a nice room with a sense of security and modernity, not shoved in the dated, creepy corner of a motel just because I had a dog.
I spent 2 minutes looking around my room, decided to go for a walk and mull my options over, decided to get a refund, and head to the Comfort Inn & Suites which I highly recommend at 11:30pm which was twice as much money but four times as nice! They were extremely accommodating and allowed dogs, no problem! And I had a lovely room!
BUT when I got my Visa statement I realized the guy had refunded $10 less than the $80
I paid.
Sneaky.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great motel - clean, easy to get to, light rooms with plenty of space and tea/coffee etc facilities plus good bathroom. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Out of the town centre, but only a five minute drive away, good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here on route from Vancouver to Jasper. It was an ideal location for our onward journey the next morning and the staff where very helpful. The rooms are basic but great value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was our second time staying at Acadian. On our way from Calgary to Vancouver we stayed here for a night. It is usually very quiet and you can get a good night sleep, they provide shampoo, conditioner, mouth wash and body lotion, hair dryer, lots of towels and TV with some channels. I recommend it and will stay again if I am on the road.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple