“Excellent food fab atmosphere great and not expensive”

The Commodore Grand Cafe & Lounge
Ranked #41 of 349 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Description: The Commodore Grand Cafe & Lounge boasts one of the most varied and creative menus in the local restaurant scene. With choices representing traditional North American favourites, classic European dishes, a wide selection of tapas and Asian and Middle Eastern fusion cuisine, The Commodore truly has something for everyone. Try our famous Fondue Experience, with sweet and savory options including appetizer, entrée, and dessert choices. Taste it - you’ll never be the same. The Commodore Grand Cafe & Lounge is the dream of two young entrepreneurs born and raised in Kamloops. With roots in the Italian culture, Christopher Monteleone and Dino Bernardo have mastered the ability to fuse European flare, downtown style and affordable prices. Whether you stop in for lunch, tapas or spend an evening dining and dancing with friends, The Commodore Grand Cafe & Lounge will offer you an alternative and keep you coming back for more. The Commodore is located, as it has been for decades, at 369 Victoria Street in Kamloops, BC.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I In kamloops for overnight stay as we are doing the rocky mountaineer the commodore was recommended by staff on the train so we decided to try it out. We weren't disappointed chose 2 of the tapas dishes to share and they were excellent plenty for 2 people they also had a great beer on special so even better staff were very helpful and the strangest thing happened a girl turned up in the bar and rang a bell and preceded to buy everyone in the place a shot! She did it 3 times whilst we were there!! Made our night thank you

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We are in Kamloops on business for a week and like to have dinner at different restaurants and today, we chose The Commodore. After a ho-hum experience the night before at Carlos O'Briens, I was hoping to find culinary redemption here. I was not disappointed. There is a very interesting menu, nothing like traditional pub fare. Our server reminded us that they are not a pub but a dining lounge. We first tried the beef tacos from the tapas menu which were excellent then had our main course. I had the seafood curry, which was fabulous. the sauce had a medium spice in a very tasty sauce. We were all impressed with the decor, the service and especially the food.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

While we were in Kamloops for a few days we also tried the Commodore. What a cool place we were there after the Car show downtown a couple of days ago, great look and feel to the place. I had heard about their Beef Taco's. I thought a Taco is a Taco boy was I wrong. The meat was fall apart tender and the veggies in them were great. Our server told me they are so popular that they only had two orders left. I felt bad but we ordered the last two they had.

The rest of the food was really good as well. Sometimes you go to a Bar style place and you get just run of the mill food but that is not the case at the Commodore. Nice Surprise. Meet the owner Dino really nice guy with a great attitude for the customers. Have to try something different next time. My friend had the soup, I heard it was great some friend she didnt share said it was to good for me! Thanks Dino.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

There amazing chef creates new lunch specials every day. I frequent often as I work downtown, and have yet to be disappointed with the daily lunch creation. Great job!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

lots of great live music. Centrally located in downtown Kamloops. Good place to hang out and meet people. More middle aged crowd which is great if you don't want to be surrounded by teenagers.