“Disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Quesnel, Canada
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My family and I have stayed at this location in the past and were very happy with our experience...however it appears that time has not been kind to this hotel. On this occasion my wife and I booked the jacuzzi suite for the first time. Although the room was clean it is desperately in need of a lot TLC especially considering the room rate. The most frustrating part of this experience was the treatment at check in. When we arrived in Kamloops at 1:00 we stopped in to see if our room was ready and we were simply told to come back after 3:00, without the young man at the desk even checking the room status. Adding fuel to the fire was the fact that we saw several different parties checking "IN" at 11:00 the next morning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert W
GeneralManager1550, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and I am sorry to hear that there were a couple of items noted from your stay that we need to improve on. I have passed along your review to the maintenance department to see that they touch up what they can immediately in the room to ensure its appearance is freshened up. I apologize for the delay in checking in as well as we do and always try to check our guests in early if it available and will follow up with the front desk. We do hope that you will return in the future so we can try and make it right for you.

Sherry Blake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed overnight at this place on our way to Vancouver, and we loved it. The location was so convenient, close to the highway yet away from all the noise. It was close to a nearby mall and quality restaurants which was a plus. Check-in was smooth and the rooms were really clean and well kept. No complaints on the bathroom either. The bed were cozy and comfortable. And to top it off the complimentary breakfast was just right to start the day. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager1550, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you so much for finding the time to write us a review. We’re very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Kamloops.

Josh Quiring – Guest Services Manager
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is the first time staying at a Holiday Inn Express. I found it clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very nice and personable. Jessica was very friendly and it was a pleasure dealing with her. I had no problems with the room. It was very clean and comfortable. The iron needs to be replaced though. The bottom has a stain that could be transferred to a shirt. I didn't use the coffee maker, but think that a Tassimo or Kureg would work very nicely. The continental breakfast was great! Well done! I hope to stay longer next time I am in town so that I can take advantage of the other facilities.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager1550, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for choosing us for your stay in Kamloops. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to passing your kind words along to Jessica. We will ensure maintenance is aware of the iron issues to get all guest rooms checked and thank you for advising us of this so it does not ruin someone's items. We do look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Bragg Creek, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times during one night stopovers when driving to the coast. From my review title above you may not be very inspired to stay here, but my point is that the HI Express hotels are all the same in my experience. They are very functional, even comfortable, and I have never had a bad experience when staying in one. This one is conveniently located near to the highway and will continue to be my choice when I need to stop over in Kamloops.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris B
GeneralManager1550, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for your review of our property, and thank you for choosing our hotel time and time again! We look forward to being able to provide you with everything you need in the future as well.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stopped here enroute to Vancouver from Calgary with 2 boys. Great location, easy to find right off the highway, close to Tim Horton's (a must) and several fast food restaurants, rooms were clean and in good shape. Picked this hotel because of the pool for my boys let off steam after a long drive. Hotel was completely booked but the service was great. I made myself at home with the housekeeping staff and their laundry room looking for extra garbage bags for our room and towels for the pool and they were all very friendly, chatty and more than happy and helpful to ablige my requests. I don't particularly enjoy staying in hotels but I can give this one a thumbs up.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager1550, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I am ecstatic to find out that all of the staff were helpful and friendly and I will be sure to pass along the kind comments to them. We do hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

The hotel is very clean and well-maintained but out of the way. If you like to walk along busy roads, this is the place for you. Restaurants are not close (both in the immediate area are closed).

Although the hotel is very clean, I would not stay here again as it's in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager1550, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us as we always appreciate the feedback. We as well are looking forward to more restaurants opening in our area as it is getting quite busy and the need is definitely there. We hope that in the future we will see that happen and be able to accommodate you again!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed here in transit overnight. Checked in without prior booking. Reception staff on d duty very helpful.
Room fantastic, beds comfortable very relaxed atmosphere

Very nice breakfast the following morning

Room Tip: Ask for your own requirement and they are happy to oblige if they can