“Good courtyard and location”

Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed 15 September 2011

No problems at all with this place. Good family hotel. Large room for four right near the courtyard that has a nice pool. Close to the highway for easy access but still quiet.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
angelatasker, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Thank you for your recent family stay with us. I am pleased that the guest room size and recreational facilities were enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back again sometime in the future. Your time and thoughts are appreciated!

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Really good bar and restaurant. Awesome views off the bar patio. Nice pool. Rooms are big and comfy. Well cared for property. Easy access to the highway. Would stay at again when passing through Kamloops.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
angelatasker, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. As a full service hotel we are always grateful to hear when people take advantage of everything we offer under one roof, especially when you have had such a positive experience enjoying Ora Restaurant Lounge with their scenic patio, the indoor pool and the comfort and cleanliness of your guest room. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back when you do pass through Kamloops once again!

Reviewed 11 September 2011

No disappointments here!! Rooms were spacious and comfortable with all the ammenties promised and more. Cleanlienss of the rooms is absolutely outstanding. Check in/out was efficient and friendly.
We ate in the restaurant on the property and enjoyed both service and food. Our waiter, while knowing the menu extremely well, provided much information about the area and seemed to love his job.
Conveniently located near shopping, liquor store, restaurants and fast food...with the gounds growing through obviously significant landscaping improvements when we were there.

Room Tip: Request an outside room if you want to be away from pool noise and odor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
angelatasker, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences at the Kamloops Towne Lodge. We are always pleased when we hear that guests have enjoyed the extensive services we offer, including the convenience of our onsite restaurant and their talents and hospitality. Our front desk and housekeeping team will be happy to hear that their efforts were recognized in such a significant way. You are correct about the landscaping of the property. We just planted 40 new trees in the front of the property to enhance our immediate environment and are now focusing on the valley side of the property. We hope to welcome you again in the future, to see all of our additional planned updates.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

If you want a good cheap hotel that's within walking distance of a Ric's Grill and has a good pool (better than it looks in the expedia pictures) this place is good.

Room Tip: In the winter you're better off getting a room that faces the atrium.
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
angelatasker, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

We appreciate the review from your stay of last year. I am delighted you enjoyed the pool during your stay. I wanted to let you know that as of this fall we will be undergoing a major renovation to the interior of our property. At this point we have begun on the exterior of the building with paint, landscaping, etc. while the sun is still shining. We hope to welcome you back on your next Kamloops stopover to see the numerous updates including a new brand affiliation coming to the hotel. We encourage you to visit our onsite Ora Restaurant Lounge and enjoy our ongoing fantastic room rates. Thank you for following up to share your thoughts.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed here for one night in the middle of a week long road trip. Had never stayed in this hotel before. Room was great - clean and comfortable. I liked the atrium with the pool, would be neat to try out one of the rooms that opens out to it. Definitely keeping this one on my list for places to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
angelatasker, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

We wish you could have stayed longer too! Thank you for your kind review and for including us on your “places to stay” list. We are happy to be on it! We appreciate your business and the time you took to share your thoughts.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel as a part of a Rocky Mountaineer train trip. I found the hotel to be acceptable, nothing more than a place to lay my head overnight before heading back to the train. It reminded me of a "motel" I would have stayed at during a family road trip as a kid.

The bed was comfortable and cozy, but the decor of the room felt "old" and blah. The bathroom was white tile, white tub, white walls. Blah again. I could not get my tv to turn on, either by using the remote control or pushing the button on the tv itself. There was a red light on the tv, indicating that it was plugged in. It was very strange, but I did not call the lobby to complain because it was just one night. I wouldn't even mention it accept for the fact that several other people who were on the train with me said that they had similar problems, either tvs that wouldn't turn on, wouldn't change channels, etc. If watching tv is important to you, this may be something to consider.

As it is, this tv issue is not something that would deter me from staying here in the future. I am giving the hotel a rating of 3 because, I would consider it an average hotel. I see that some reviewers rated the hotel as a 4 or 5, but I find that very strange. They must have experienced the hotel very differently.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
angelatasker, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you were able to stay with us in the course of your journey with Rocky Mountaineer Vacations.

While we are delighted that the bed was very comfortable for you, I am sorry to hear that the television gave you problems. If we had been alerted we most definitely would have resolved the issue in some manner. We do however recognize that the current televisions in the rooms are not as reliable as we would like. As part of our extensive renovation plans this fall, we will be replacing the guest room televisions and completely updating the room décor.

I am thrilled that you would not hesitate to stay in the future. Hopefully during that visit you can stay longer to enjoy the updates, and experience the many other amenities our property has to offer.

Thank you.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

My mother, father, 5-year-old daughter & I were on a road trip from White Rock, BC to Banff, AB for a cousin's wedding. This was my daughter's first road trip, we stopped at the Kamloops Towne Lodge on the first night to break up the trip for her. I have to say that if we ever need to/have to stay in Kamloops again, we will be staying here!
The double queen room, that opened onto the courtyard, although small, felt open & spacious. The pool was immaculately clean, with a cool jet in it to get a workout. The room was clean to a fault and the beds were SOOOOO comfy!
We also ate at the "Ora restaurant" and it was delicious!! My father had the "Ora Burger" and was very satisfied, my Mom had the "Ora salad" and, being a salad-junky, said it was one of the best she's had in a while. My daughter had an upset tummy all that day, (travelling/nerves) so unfortunately (... luckily ...?) she didn't eat much of her dinner, she ordered the linguine from the kids menu it was a HUGE portion and it was delicious, not like they opened a box of KD or anything. I had the portabello mushroom steak thing and it was absolutely incredible!!!
If I HAD to give a bit of constructive critisism, the noise of the plumbing from above & from the pool during the last hour it was open could be improved on, (we were on the ground floor & an early start the next day meant hitting the hay at 9:30 .. boo) but that's it. Would deffinitely stay here again and will be recommending to ALL of my friends & family!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
angelatasker, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

We are delighted that if, or when you return to Kamloops, you will be staying with us.
Your comments regarding the excellent housekeeping have been relayed to the housekeeping team who keep our rooms in such great shape.
Your compliments on the food in Ora will be well received by their chef, management and serving staff. I will make sure they are aware of your comments.
We always try to place people away from the pool if they request a quieter room, as we do have guests that enjoy the pool when they get back to the hotel in the evening, until 10 p.m.
If you have an early start, please don’t hesitate to make this request with our front desk team.
Thank you. We really appreciate your kind words and that you took the time to share them.
P.S. Sorry to hear your little one wasn’t feeling well. For your next trip, you might want to investigate ginger pills with your health provider. They have saved me on a lot of road trips with my kids.