“Stay and play golf package”

Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Kelowna, Canada
“Stay and play golf package”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We (nine players) booked two rounds of golf at two local courses with an overnight stay at the hotel. All arrangments were made through the Hotel everything went flawlessly including a first class meal at the on site ORA restaurant. The rooms were clean and comfortable,and the staff were courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that overlooks the courtyard. My preference.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Chuck, thanks very much for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed the rooms, restaurant and the customer service. We look forward to your return some time in the future. Happy golfing the rest of this summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

I had no problems staying here for two nights on business. The interior of the rooms are clean and renovated. The internet worked well most of the time, and the restaurant served good food. The location is a bit outside downtown Kamloops, but not too far. Not the best Coast hotel I've stayed at, but certainly not the worst. I will probably stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your thoughts. I hope we can welcome you back again soon, so we can provide you with the best in service and accommodations.
Blackheath, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as stopover on Rocky Mountaineer. The hotel doesn't look that impressive from the outside, but the recently renovated rooms are very comfortable.

The location is a long way from downtown, and after a long day on the train we elected to eat dinner in the hotel restaurant rather then go out. Good restaurant and reasonably priced.

Good WiFi and attentive staff.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us on your stopover with Rocky Mountaineer. I hope you had an enjoyable vacation and we can welcome you back once again.
QLD
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel as a stopover in the middle of a two day Rocky Mountaineer trip. This hotel is by no means flashy or glitzy but it is certainly clean, well run and the staff are excellent, particularly at reception desk. The room was most comfortable, very quiet and the bed was great. There's not a lot to say as I was there for such a short time but I'm happy to report I have nothing negative to say about my stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I hope you had a great trip to Canada.
Nottingham
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Only stayed here one night whilst on the Rocky Mountaineer. Good quality accomodation and spacious rooms. The views were not great (carpark) but it had a nice reseraunt/bar area and the staff were pleasant.
Free wifi in the rooms which is a bonus and nice queen beds for all.

Great hotel if you are looking for a stop over.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
I appreciate you taking your vacation time to share your experience at our hotel. I hope your holiday on the Rocky Mountaineer and within Canada was a pleasant one. The very large rooms with quality linens and finishing are a great source of pride for us, as are the comfortable new beds and complimentary wifi. Thank you for pointing those features out. You were within our new south wing, which has the option of overlooking the front of the building, parking and hillside, or the tropical atrium, pool area. If you stop over with us in the future, please let our front desk team assist with any preferences you may have. They always do their best to accommodate special requests whenever availability allows us to do so.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Our room opening up to a lovely indoor large courtyard with running water like a stream and many plants and some sand. Most areas of the hotel were good but a breakfast was not included with the room which many other similar hotels now include. My friend said that the in room coffee was quite good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed overlooking our tropical atrium during your visit. As mentioned breakfast is not normally included in our room rate, as we are trying to keep the room rates affordable by not incorporating that cost within the room rates. Ora Restaurant offers a wide variety of reasonable breakfast menu options so that each guest can select whichever items best suit their food preferences and budget. Glad to hear the in-room coffee was enjoyable!
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We booked two rooms on the May long weekend. One room a king and one wth 2 queens. I called the hotel to inquire about the check in time as we were earlier than expected and was told that they only had the one reservation for the queen beds. They told me that the check in for the king bed was for the day before and since we didn't arrive, they gave the room away. I was furious as the hotel is full and we had already driven 8 hours. I told them no, I booked the rooms for the same day. They said they could get us another room but it would be an extra $60 a night. I said no, I want the same rate that I got when I reswerved it. I get a company discount. The girl told me that it was up to the manager. I took the room and then called central reservations and the lady told me that she had the correct days for both rooms and called the hotel to clarify. She told me that the hotel made an error on the days and will give me the other room at the discounted rate I was quoted and all was good. We got to the hotel and the girl couldn't find our reservation and called central reservations and talked to the same lady we did. We got our rooms and I inquired why I couldn't get my other room at the company discound and they said because the discount rooms were all taken. I don't get it. We were given our rooms in the new remodelled section. The beds are comfortable and the towels are nice and fluffly in the bathroom. Free wifi was an added bonus.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank taylorta2010
Thank you for your thoughts on your stay May long weekend. I am pleased that you enjoyed the rooms and services when in the hotel, but was disappointed to hear your reservations process was not smooth. I am afraid I could not find any record of the issues when I researched, but I have made our front office manager aware of the difficulties you encountered to avoid a reoccurrence. We hope to welcome you back to enjoy the comforts we are so proud to offer.