“Excellent staff”

Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Penticton, B.C.
“Excellent staff”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Comfortable rooms, excellent amenities, affordable prices are the key to any hotel, but what makes any Coast property stand head and shoulders above the rest is the highly trained, professional, friendly staff that treats you like a valued customer each and every time. Great work, team! Thank you very much! Always a pleasure staying at a Coast Hotel. From now on, we will search out a Coast Hotel wherever we go.

Stayed March 2014
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the service from our team here at the Coast Kamloops Hotel. It is our extreme pleasure to have you stay with us and we are glad you noticed that. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I have been traveling to Kamloops every now and then. From my previous experience with Coast chain, I decided to try this hotel for my trip. The front desk staffs were very helpful. smooth check in, didn't have to wait long to get my room keys. They also helped me to find out my office with perfect direction. Stayed in room with 2 queen beds. The room was very nice. The decor of the room well appointed. Bed was really comfortable, and had a good night sleep. Inside the hotel, the atmosphere was not chilled in the atrium. I loved the salt water pool. It is one of the best.
I must say, I was surprised and happy with the restaurant. The food was delicious. I'll definitely try again the Friday night buffet.Plenty of choice of foods and reasonably prices. The service was very pleasant.
For my next visit, this will be my hotel to stay. Not pricey, great service, nice bed to sleep, clean room. Love the Coast chain.

Keep up the good work.
Cheers!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us Mike, and for taking the time to share your great comments. We appreciate your business and you sharing this with the world. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have been traveling to this location for over 8 years, before it changed to the Coast. I have always enjoyed coming here until now. I travel a lot for business as this trip is.

The first night I tried to get a packed lunch for work and was told they did that here by the front but by the restaurant they said no until I pushed it and she called her manager. I spent over 30 minutes getting this taken care of and they never even said sorry for the hassle......

I had a first here, I called about my laundry and she said when my co-worker gets here. One hour later I walked out and got it myself, a first. The girl, yes girl doing her finger nails, said oops I am still waiting for my co-worker. She got part of my laundry and did not agree that I had more until she checked. Not a high level of service

Yes, one more thing. For room cleaning they have not replaced the coffee a couple of the days or even last night cleaned the garbage out. Let's save money????

I run a lot of conferences even involved in an annual one here. I shall discuss this service with the executive and question using this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hello Greg.
Thank you for pointing out the deficiencies in your recent stay with us. As my email to you requesting information to help me investigate this further was not replied to, we have chosen to discuss the specific issues internally with our staff to ensure they are addressed. Until this point we have not offered a packed lunch program, so I suspect that is why you did not receive a clear response immediately. Please let me apologize on our behalf for the time you lost in attempting to arrange this service. I will bring this up at our next meeting with the food and beverage team to see if this is something we can establish and, if not, at least ensure everyone here is giving you the same information. Our laundry delivery policy has been reviewed with staff and it should always be delivered between 3 pm and 5 pm to the guest rooms, unless the room has been marked with a “do not disturb” Our Executive Housekeeper is meeting with her staff to make sure they are continually servicing the amenity refreshments and completing trash removal daily. Again this should always occur unless the room is marked with a “do not disturb” I regret that we did not get to communicate directly to cover off some questions, but I assure you we appreciate the opportunity to improve based on the initial information you posted. Thank you for your business over the past 8 years. It is appreciated. While I was happy to read that you have always enjoyed coming here, I am so sorry that during your most recent stay, we did not meet your expectations.
Okanagan, B.C.
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed 1 night on business. Had a room with 2 queen beds. Very large room, small bathroom, well appointed.
The room was decorated nicely but you can only cover so much when working with an old hotel. A bit dark and tired looking.
Bed was comfortable but the sheets have sever pilling happening.
Toilet paper was horrible - the cheapest I have ever seen in a hotel period.
Many large bottles of shampoo, conditioner, cream which I appreciate but the bottles did not look clean to me as there was dried product showing.
I would stay here again but if I had my choice would go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your comments. We will discuss your concerns immediately with our team to address them. I do hope you reconsider a return stay with us and if you do, please request an exterior room, as they offer more natural light.
British Columbia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Although is is -20 right now, the frigid air has not chilled the atmosphere inside this hotel. as I am here on a business trip I must say I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel, my room on the 3rd floor overlooked the indoor gardens, water features and pool. Is very pleasing to feel like a tropical retreat with outside below freezing temperatures. As soon as I entered the hotel I was greeted by not only the reception staff, also the housekeeping staff that was walking past said Hello with smile. Had a quick bite in the restaurant (Thai noodles dish, good & reasonably priced) server was friendly& attentive . No wee lil toiletries, full bottles of hair and body products. Spacious rooms well laid out, all in all I would stay here again! Yes, the pool is open until 10:00, and there may be children swimming, but for me hearing the giggles and splashing was in no way a problem or concern.

Room Tip: I like the inside view, waking up to a nice oasis!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
We are very pleased to hear that we could offer you a tropical reprieve during this chilly, winter week. Thank you so much for sharing your positive reflections and taking the time to do so.
Victoria
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here for a few nights in early December and had a very comfortable visit. The room was very nicely decorated, the bed was comfortable, and the restaurant lounge was a lovely place to pass some time on cold wintry days. Good prices on appetizers in the early evening. Parking was free!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
We appreciate you staying with us in December, thank you. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and décor of your guest room, the restaurant and lounge and the complimentary parking. Please do come again, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.
Clearwater
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We attended a function at the Hotel and thought we would make it an all inclusive stay. Room, meals and entertainment. The staff greeted us and were very courteous and helpful. Good start. We found the room to be clean and quite nicely laid out. Bathroom a little small, but overall very nice. We then decided to have dinner at the restaurant, and this turned into a terrible experience.
We were seated and left to wonder if there were any other staff except the young lady that had left us with menus. It took 10 minutes for someone to come and take a drink order and then another 10 minutes for someone to come and tell us that the bar was busy and our order would be up soon. We asked this person to bring us water and that showed up about 5 mins later. Still no drinks or waiter to ask us about a food order. We decided to go through the buffet and when we asked for medium rare to rare roast beef, we were told by the person carving the beef that he wouldn't get that far into the roast for another half hour or so. Therefore, well done, it was. Our drinks had arrive as we in the buffet line, but we had to ask for cutlery so we could eat what we had picked up. No water refill, and no offer of a second drink, until we had finished our meal. A complaint was met with excuses for the terrible service and we left with a bad experience behind us.
The balance of the evening was then not that enjoyable as we still had this bad experience on our minds. Without the meal experience the hotel would be considered a place to stay in the future.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorris H
Thank you for your constructive feedback. While I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel itself and the staff, I am so sorry that you experienced a disappointing meal in the restaurant here. I will email you through Tripadvisor with contact information requesting that you contact our Director of Food & Beverage so that he can discuss this further with you. We do hope to welcome you back and thank you for your stay and comments.