Country View Motor Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$106
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
US$152
US$119
The Ranchland Inn(Kamloops)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$53
Hotels.com
Scott's Inn and Restaurant - Kamloops(Kamloops)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$86
All reviewscontinental breakfastroom was cleanhot tubblow dryermicrowave and fridgeliquor storewalking distancecoffee makerpleasant surprisemotelhighwaytrainmotorcycleranchqueen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed here in August 2012 on our way to the coast from Ontario.
This Motel suited our needs perfectly. After many days of driving we really appreciated the warm indoor pool with the big windows. Felt like the tropics.
The room was clean and furnished with everything we needed. The best surprise was the breakfast, which included toast, a selection of cereals , coffee, juice and fruit. One of the units has been converted into a breakfast room and there was a tv there so we could watch the morning shows.
The owner came in while we were eating and asked if there was anything that she could get us or do to make us more comfortable. She did say that they are continually working to improve the property and was receptive to a couple of suggestions we made.
Don't miss going up to the patio where you can sit and enjoy the sunset view of the mountains.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the "courtyard" area to be away from the main road
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Booked online for a special and was given a better room than that which was booked. Front desk people are good. Wifi is good and location is easy to find as I get lost in Kamloops. Fast food is only available around but its ok. My room was clean and big and on lower level as I have bad knee. Thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the office side are closer to pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I also got mislead by TripAdvisor. I can't understand how this motel gets really good reviews...
It is overpriced for what it is.It is old, falling apart, dark and dingy.

When I stayed there was a group of rowdy patrons there and I could not sleep They should have called the cops on them but instead let them stay because they were there for a while.One person in the management let me down on that one, the other was helpful but by 1:30 am it is too late.

Be warned the walls are paper thin. I got the pleasure of hearing my partying neighbours doing all sorts of things, including having sex and playing the guitar. If you are into that kind of thing, then stay here.

Go to a chain, pay the same money and get a good nights sleep. This is the worst experience ever, and I have stayed in many dives in my time. I will never stay in a non chain hotel again after this experience.

Bookings.com decided not to run my negative review (with positives as well), so I put it here to get it out there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
sunshinekam, Manager at Country View Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Hello,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the unsatisfied experience that you had at our property during your stay. We are aware that due to the behaviour of other guests at our property you were unhappy with your stay resulting in a negative review. When you alerted us about other guests talking outside next door to your room, we did speak with the guests who then moved inside to their rooms. You then called us about an hour later and stated that they were being loud again, so took the step of moving you to another room away from them (you failed to mention this in your review) which would be quieter and spoke to the guests a second time.
We do take these issues very seriously, however these guests were not partying or being "rowdy". It was brought to our attention that you and the other guests were involved in a heated verbal altercation, which lead to tension that night. It is does not matter if you are staying at a chain or non chain to have loud guests disturbing you, they can be anywhere. We do apologize that after all the steps we took to ensure you were comfortable with your stay that you still left unsatisfied. We hope that you give us another try and surely you will encounter a much more positive experience.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We had a family stay here and we enjoyed our weekend trip to this place. Wifi and breakfast was included or free, but it was only continental. The kids enjoyed the pool while we sat in the hot tub. The deck had a great view and a BBQ that we did not use. The best part are the staff, who are very friendly and polite. The service was great and rooms were big, bright and spacious, unlike other big hotels we have visited. Fridge and microwave were a bonus

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jerry M
sunshinekam, Manager at Country View Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for your feedback and nice to hear you were satisfied with your recent stay with us. I will surely pass on your compliment about our team to the rest of the staff. Hope to see you next time you are in Kamloops!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

FOURTH PLACE in Kamloops?! I hate to think what the other accommodations are like in Kamloops!

I'm not sure what universe the other reviewers come from, but they saw something totally different from what we saw. Where do I even start? My main complaint is that the room was very dark (could use bigger lamps and bulbs) which just gave it a dingy feel. Further, the towels were paper thin, mattress sagged on one of the beds, sheets didn't fit properly on all of the beds, lumpy pillows...

The breakfast was the most basic I've seen in a long time and served in one of the regular motel rooms. I didn't even want to sit on the chair, it was so dirty.

It just seems like they're trying to do everything on the cheap. And yes, I get that it's "budget" accommodation, but it's definitely average AT BEST. I didn't feel that we got value relative to the amount we paid. We stayed in a motel in Parksville just before this one, and for 5 or 6 dollars more, it was more modern, had a fully stocked kitchen and was bright and clean.

The positives? Great location, right on highway and very friendly staff member who checked us in.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Firstly, let me thank you for providing us with your feedback as we were glad to hear you were satisfied with our great location, easy access to the highway and our friendly staff. Secondly, I would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory experience during your stay with us. You list off a number of deficiencies, however none were mentioned to any of our staff members while you were here. Had you had mentioned any one of these issues, we would have provided an immediate solution or alternative to make you happy. One of our existing rooms has been converted into our separate breakfast room where we serve complimentary continental breakfast and our guests can sit down and eat while watching the morning news, instead of our guests having to take their food back into the room or worse, have the breakfast being served in the front desk area. We also try to provide the best value with all of the complimentary amenities combined with our competitive rates, many of our guests are satisfied and happily return to stay with us. You do have to keep in mind that Parksville and Kamloops are 2 very different markets and the rates in both these places reflect that so it is unfair to compare here.
We always strive to ensure that all of guests have a comfortable stay and as you have read, many of our satisfied guests have stated this here on Trip Advisor.