“Great place to stay”

Country View Motor Inn
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I've stayed at this motor inn about 5 times. Each time, the room was spotless, the bed comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful.
Last time we stayed there, a problem arose with our booking (NOT the fault of the inn!) and they fixed it immediately.
The Inn is located a bit back from the highway, so the rooms are very quiet.
The only time I don't stay here is if there are no rooms available.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Country View Motor Inn

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Spend another night here. It was great as always. Got to use the huge patio during sun down. The kids had a blast at the pool. Nice to see the strip along the road close to them has new koint to eat at. Carl's jr is just a few minute walk. Two thumbs up again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Chose to stay at the Country View Motor Inn based in previous online reviews. It was affordable and clean. Included wireless Internet, basic breakfast and no parking fee. Last time I stayed downtown and had to pay for parking, but not here. Pool was nice and the hot tub was hot! We only stayed the one night as we were carrying on to Jasper from Vancouver island. There was outdoor furniture outside your room so you could enjoy an evening of wine while taking in the gorgeous weather. No complaints.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed here on my way driving from Calgary to Vancouver. It was always intended as just a place to crash. The location was about 10 minutes outside of the centre of Kamloops but right on the Trans Canada Highway and lots of amenities close by. There was loads of parking, checking-in / out was very quick, and they gave me a free upgrade to a king size room with jacuzzi. The room was clean, huge bed and loads of big fluffy pillows. The air con was on when I got I there which meant the room was really nicely chilled (many places would switch it off to save money). There was a fridge / freezer that worked fine and a microwave too (which I didn't use). The TV was old but had all the main channels. The hotel had free wi-fi but unfortunately it was really temperamental in my room and wouldn't work most of the time. I am pretty sure it was due to the position of my room as I could get full strength in my car outside. I think they should have their signal boosted so it works in all rooms. Talking about the position of the room, I think i was right above or near the laundry as late at night and next morning, I could hear / feel really noisy washing machines. The bathroom was ok, fairly clean but a little outdated and could do with upgrading. I did use the jacuzzi briefly but it was very noisy and a few weird black things came out of the pumps (couldn't work out what they were but not really something you want floating with you). The location was good - a short drive into town (not really much to see) and a number of food outlets and shops in walking distance too. I went for breakfast the next morning and took one look in the breakfast room which was very small, very full and there appeared to be barely anything there to eat. I therefore opted out as it was a real put off. All in all, it was what it was and did for a place to crash after a long drive.

Room Tip: If wi-fi is important to you, ask for a room where you can get a signal.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Room 202: Broken Air condition, chairs starving with dirt, the floor broken, the kitchenette and the fridge were in an unaceptable condition. We did not think that this is still possible today! We did Not See any other room ... And to be onest: we were Not interested.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, if you have another option.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael_koetting
sunshinekam, General Manager at Country View Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Hello Michael,

Firstly, let me thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in Kamloops and for providing us feedback. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We have taken into account your concerns and as of July 13, 2013 resolved all of the issues you have listed. We have fixed the controls on the A/C unit and have spoken to our housekeeping staff to ensure that the kitchenette and furniture along with floor. We just had brand new tile installed a few months ago in that unit during our renovations and we did not notice any broken areas. Once again we do apologize for this experience as this is not something typical that our guests encounter.

Pav Gill
Manager

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Because we were very happy with our first visit to the Country View Motor Inn last year, we chose them again when we arrived in Kamloops. This is a family operation run by a young couple that are anxious to please. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. All we need when we are traveling through! A bonus was the well cared for gardens.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Take a '60s motel and upgrade to match the competition, and you've got the Country View.

Modern beds and other facilities, and friendly and accommodating staff. The location is at once good and bad, close to the TransCanada, but also to the noise of the trains and traffic running through the corridor. The view from our ground-floor room wasn't exactly scenic (see photo) but really, all we expected was a good night's sleep. Pool and hot tub a bit tired, but okay. Fine for kids, if we'd had some along.

All in all, a pretty decent place to stay. We stopped there enroute from Edmonton to Vancouver, and again on the way back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple