“Stopover in Kamloops was good”

Country View Motor Inn
Ranked #35 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Hinton, Canada
“Stopover in Kamloops was good”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Found the Country View Motor Inn online and made a booking by calling in. Check-in was smooth and clean facilities. We needed a place with wifi and close to the highway so we wouldn't get lost in the town. This place worked as a stopover as this is the purpose Kamloops serves when people are travelling.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Country View Motor Inn is just off the highway and easy to find. If you have been to Kamloops, it is easy to get lost especially at night. Our room had 2 beds and clean, which is important to us. The hot tub was running but pool was having maintenance work done. Used the guest laundry after a week if travelling to wash our clothes. Fast food nearby and a great pub down the street.

• Stayed November 2013
Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I had to head up to Kamloops for business as well as pleasure, and wanted to find an inexpensive place to stay. The Country View Motor Inn offered a great price ...I had drove past it several times before on previous trips to Kamloops and it looked nice, so I thought I'd give it a try. I found the staff very friendly right from check-in and throughout my stay. The rooms are basic, but are very clean and comfortable ...definitely a great value for the money! Although it's fairly close to the highway, I wasn't bothered at all by any noise. It's a short drive into downtown, with a few restaurants(including Timmies) within walking distance. I didn't spend a lot of time in my hotel room ...all I wanted was a clean, comfortable place to crash at a good price ...the Country View Motor Inn fit the bill perfectly!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dawson Creek, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Spacious, quiet, comfortable room located close to highway. Friendly staff and good continental breakfast. What more could you possible ask for? This place was easy to find and close to all major highways.

Great place.

• Stayed September 2013
COLDSTREAM
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I needed a VERY inexpensive room for the night. It was suggested to check out the motels in Valleyview. I checked out almost all of them. The price difference of the lowest price and this one, was $4, and it was night and day, the difference.

I checked out the rooms at the other places, as I need a 100% non smoking room. The other places were horrible. I was apprehensive to check the Country View inn, thinking I will end up in the more expensive area of Kamloops because all these places were sub par. Well, I was so pleasantly surprised!

The Country View Motor Inn was very clean, and fresh smelling rooms (I checked out two of them). The rooms are basic, and dated, but for the price, and the one night I need it, it was more than adequate.

There was a bar fridge and microwave. The bathroom was roomy, with not a soaker tub, but deeper than the old style.

There were a couple of issues about the room, but I didn't mention them to the manager. The tub faucet dripped, and the toilet was sluggish (you had to flush 3 times).

There is on site guest laundry, an indoor pool and hot tub, but I did not evaluate any of them.

The front desk lady was so friendly, I'd want her as a friend. She seemed to really care that I liked my room, and took pride representing this motel.

I would definitely recommend this motel to friends and family.

I paid $59 plus tax ($67) for a single room, one bed. A double room with two beds was quoted at $79. All rooms are non smoking.

It is right behind Burger King, and walking distance to Tim Horton's, Wendy's, McDonald's and Harold's Restaurant (a family full service type restaurant with really good food). Walking or driving to A&W.

Room Tip: The second floor in the back are quieter, but are $20 more. The motel is off the highway, so traffi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GandK2012
Reviewed 23 September 2013

What you get at Country View Motor Inn are clean, basic accommodations, friendly staff, and a convenient location just off the major highways. Breakfast was a bonus and for the price this was the best value in town when we looked online.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Was referred by my family member to this place. It was what I expected. It was clean, big and clean, easy to find. Went to Harold restaurant that was referred to by the front desk person. Food was good and appreciated the staff giving me a good reference. Very kind staff in the evening and morning.

• Stayed June 2013