“Nice, but small bathrooms”

Four Points by Sheraton Kamloops
Ranked #15 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was a lovely little hotel. We only stayed for an overnight and didn't have time to check out the pool area. There is a Ric's restaurant in the hotel, but we found it expensive and went across the road to Original Joe's for dinner and then to Cora's for breakfast. The rooms are quite nice, standard hotel fare. The only drawback would be the small bathrooms. There is NO room anywhere to put anything in the bathrooms except the back of the toilet. If you are staying there for any length of time, this would be a huge drawback. We had asked for a cot and it was in the room when we arrived. I asked for a microwave at check in and it was waiting for us as well. All in all, the service was good and it's a nice little hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed twice for one night on way through Rockies with the family. Check in was good, but person at front desk forgot to mention free breakfast on the weekend. Missed the sign in the morning and walked to restaurant instead. Great breakfast, but would have liked the option to choose myself.
Kids loved the pool with slide. Just what was needed after long driving days. Location is close to a decent quick hiking trail that brings you up a nearby hill.
Room was good and beds comfortable. Big TV and separate converter box (remember to turn it off as well if you like your room dark). Bathroom counter space was a little tight, but loved the soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower. How many tiny bottles do we have to throw out before more hotels follow this example?
Good location close to highway 1, but far enough to not hear highway noise (at least from the back facing rooms we stayed in).

Room Tip: Rooms facing back don't have a great view, but may be quieter than front facing rooms with bette...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank The_Dudes
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our standard was a big room with comfortable beds. Staff were not bad but not good. Room and halls were not thoroughly cleaned. There was a lot of dust on the perimeter of the room and behind the bed. No trace of bed bugs. Price was fair. I'd stay again but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Nice enough stay here, we were staying in Kamloops en route to Calgary so just needed a comfy bed for the night and weren't disappointed on that front. The mattress was very good and the pillows were comfortable. Noisy air conditioning unit in the room made for a disturbed night of sleep however. I'd recommend staying here in the off season, when air conditioning isn't needed but in the summer months when air conditioning is a must, you will need help falling and staying asleep.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I travel a lot for pleasure and like all of the Starwoods properties, this was no exception. As soon as we walked in the 2 people behind the desk were smiling and happy to see us. Our reservation was ready and paperwork was very quick. We asked questions about the hotel and area and they were very helpful. They had a laundry so we washed our clothes and rested before going out.. We had a drink at the bar and headed downtown which is close by for dinner. Starwoods is noted for the beds and linens and this Four Points was wonderful. Our room number 219 was large and very comfortable. The have a restaurant at the property so during dinner the parking lot does fill up. When we got here we had no problem parking and after we returned form dinner we had no problem either.We would stayhere again anytime. This was a lovely hotel in a great area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Richard F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel - we loved having you! We hope you will keep us in mind during your next trip to Kamloops.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am a business traveler and spend over 100 days/nights in Hotels throughout America and found myself in Kamloops Four Points for 2 nights. As you would expect for a Sheraton property , your stay would be memorable, well mine was.
From the time the entry doors opened I was met by a smiling Desk Agent with a very welcoming greeting, as if we had met previously and were great friends. My room was very well appointed and clean and yes I do look under the beds and desks. On arrival I was stepping out of my room to get some ice and was noticed by a Room Attendant, she asked if I knew where the ice was and I explained no, she responded by " I will get it for you and away she went, 4 minutes later I had ice.
I went to the pool and fitness area and was greeted by over 4 families with children all enjoying the facilities including a waterslide which I had to try , yes it was a dare by one of the children I had just met. Great ride that prompted a much required drink from the lounge, which was in the center of the lobby and very open and inviting.
I was advised by the Desk Agent to try Rics Grill for dinner which I did and again was very pleasantly surprised on the great service from the greeting hostess to the server. Menu was on the pricy side but worth every dollar as the food all had its on taste and flavor. We had appies , salad and main course but ended asking to take to our roo for later. The server split the meal for us and put on a silver serving try all wrapped in aluminum , which made a great presentation walking through the halls with our recorked wine.
In general I would strongly recommend a stay at this property. I would rate it a 8 of 10 for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We strive to make every guest feel welcome and relaxed and so we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will visit us again during your next trip to Kamloops. Take care.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed at the Four Points twice now. Parking is greatly lacking. We, as paying hotel guests had to park more than a block away (off property) on a side street because there was not enough room in the hotel parking lot. Two guests were parked in such a way so that they each took up approximately 6 stalls with their two trucks and trailers. The front desk staff claimed to have no way to contact the guests as they didn't keep record of vehicle license plates (or so they said).
Hotel is nice enough and comfortable enough but the lack of parking is the deciding factor and for this reason, we've booked our next stay in Kamloops at the Coast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Storm2640,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We apologize for any inconveniences with parking during your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay, and hope that you consider choosing us again in the future so that we may improve upon this experience.