“Great service and value!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel 540
Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Merritt, Canada
“Great service and value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Our experience with Hotel 540 was great! Staff were very friendly and courteous. The room was very clean and was everything we asked for. We would definitely stay here again! They have underground parking so our car was safe and warm! The free breakfast was great as well because it was a real breakfast not continental.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel540, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear BobbyGar,
Great to hear such feedback, thank you for taking the time to write a review! I see you had the pleasure of trying the Breakfast from Blue. You will be pleased to hear that on weekends our restaurant is now serving Breakfast until 2pm! Saturday and Sunday are BrunchTime.Try our outdoor pool or Fitness Center in the morning, before heading down for hearty & healthy Breakfast Options.
We love having you as a Guest and look forward to accommodating you again.
Alexandre Ananou
Manager of Guest Experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was our 3rd trip to Kamloops but our first stay at Hotel 540, we will definitely be staying here for our future trips to watch our son play for the Blazers! Great location, walking distance to the rink, shopping and restaurants. Service was amazing, very pleasant employees.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Club Suite...overlooking the river...nice & sunny!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Linda,
Thank you for reviewing our Hotel on Tripadvisor, and thank you for sharing such positive feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward on welcoming you back for your son's next game.
Salmon Arm, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have stayed at the Hotel 540 on three occasions. The location of the hotel was the reason for selecting it on my first stay. I booked again the following year as my first visit was pleasant and again the location was perfect. My third stay is what made me take the time to write this review. My husband had to have day surgery at the Hospital (only a few minutes drive from the hotel) -- so again -- location was great. The staff at this hotel are absolutely wonderful! I asked for a couple of extra pillows for my husband (He had to keep his upper body elevated after his surgery) and they gave me 4 nice big puffy pillows. I asked if I could get a cot in the room as I was concerned I about bumping him while I slept -- they offered me two choices: a room change from a king bed to two queen beds or a cot in the room. I chose the cot which was then promptly delivered to the room. No extra charge for the cot (usually a $20.00 fee). I asked for an extra blanket -- no problem -- we can bring that up for you right away. Check out time is at 11:00 am, my husband has to see the surgeon at 2:00 pm. So again I go down to the front desk and this time I ask if it is at all possible to get a later check out time -- I asked for a couple of hours and they said we could have the room till 4:00 pm! Never once did they make me feel like a bother for asking for so many things.
The food in the restaurant was delicious and the service good.
I Love the gym! (large assortment of new work out equipment, clean, bright, -- even had a bowl of complementary fresh apples)
The facility itself is very nice and clean, but it's the staff that will make your stay exceptional.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Heather,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I am very pleased to hear such great feedback! Our Staff is what makes the difference indeed, and we are proud to have exceptional team players who will go out of their way to make Guests feel comfortable.
Thank you for recommending us to other people; we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.
Warm Regards
Alexandre Ananou
Manager of Guest Experience.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

swayed by the positive reviews i read here, i gave this hotel a try and they lived up to the expectations. they really do take good care of you. the staff are indeed incredibly helpful and take good care. you truly feel like a guest. keep it up!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel540, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear VanGal2014,
Thank you very much for such great feedback! I am very pleased to hear that you were well taken care of; and that we could live up to your expectations. We'll keep it up and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.
Alex
Tavares, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Came to Kamloops to see the Tragically Hip play at the Interior Savings Centre. Booked a flight, rooms at the 540 and a few days at Sun Peaks. Realized later we were late by a year and not Ahead by a Century! Decided to take the trip anyway....so glad we did! Between the city of Kamloops and the resort, we have never been made to feel so at home the way we did there! (even at home)! Going to make a trip back in the summer eventually and we will definately book the 540 again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel540, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Scotty,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. We are proud to be an integral part of Kamloops' community. The city is very welcoming indeed, and we on our end do our best to make every visitor feel at home.
We look forward to welcoming you again Scotty.
Manager of Guest experience
West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I travel to this hotel for business. As well, If I have staff travelling I book them in this hotel as well. They have done extensive renovations over the past year. The rooms are new, clean and well equipped. What keeps me coming back is the staff. From Joanne who checks me in, to Marj who checks me out, to Todd who greets me at the door, they can never do enough for you. I am always impressed when I return to a hotel and the staff remember you. Kamloops in the winter can get a bit cold so I love the underground parking. There is a restaurant in the hotel and other restaurants within walking distance. The food and service in the hotel restaurant is excellent however I find it a bit pricy. My Favourite is Frick and Frack directly across the street. I am not a casino goer but for those who are, it is right at the hotel. As well the there is a mall across the street with most everything you will need. I would recommend this hotel if you are coming to Kamloops.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Don,
Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you and your staff continuously enjoy staying with us. I will pass on your feedback to Joanne, Marj and Todd; I am sure they will appreciate your comment.
We look forward to your next visit.
Best regards
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We decided to hop on a train from Winnipeg and find a place warmer than the -30 it was. We ended up booking a trip to Kamloops, then I went on-line to find a hotel for the 4 day layover. The moment I saw that there was a roof-top terrace with a year round pool and hot tub
I was sold. Our train was going to be late so we notified the hotel. The said we would still be charged for the night because the were saving our room. But when we arrived at 5:15 a.m. the said no-charge for the night. Wow. The staff was fantastic, very helpful the food in the Blue restaurant was absolutely delicious, especially the Banana cream pie. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel540, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Lori,
Great to hear such Feedback, thank you for sharing it on TripAdvisor.
The Outdoor Pool and Hot Tub is attracting a lot of attention indeed, and I am happy to hear you enjoyed our brand new Terrace. Great Staff and Excellent Customer Service are the foundation of Hotel540, and I am please to see we could live up to our reputation.
We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.
Best regards