“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was in town for business for three days and this hotel was recommended to me by my collegues. The value for the price was excellent and the service by the staff, front desk, restaurant & housekeeping was great. I love the fact at how green the hotel was.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hotel540, Public Relations Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Gil,
Thank you for sharing such great feedback on TripAdvisor! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Sustainable practices are fully integrated in all our operations and the Hotel540 is the only 5 Green Key Property in Kamloops.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Manager of Guest Experience

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had a getaway within the city limits and what a surprisingly good experience. With no expectations in place, we were fully won over by the Vegas level pool area (licensed, music, winter heated). Blue is actually damn decent resto with relatively high level cuisine. Don't shy away due to location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel540, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Warmerclimbs,
I am thrilled to read such great feedback, thank you sharing it with other travelers!
The pool area is indeed a licensed venue, where our Guests can enjoy a cool drink whilst sitting in our outdoor Roof-Top Jacuzzi. I will forward your comments about Blue to the Restaurant Manager, feel free to write a review on their TripAdvisor page too: Blue Dining and Lounge.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Alex
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed two nights on the way to and from skiing.
Considering the price the hotel is good value.
Plus for good service in the reception and the gym/pool area.
Minus for rather small room the second night and slow service and high prices at breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed our Guest Service and new Terrace area with its brand new Pool, Jacuzzi and Gym.
My apologies if you feel the Breakfast service was slow, I will be discussing your comments with our Restaurant Manager. We look forward to accommodating you again for your next ski adventure!
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel is a credit to it's City. We experienced superb service from all who are employed there. Front desk staff and valets went out of their way to make my birthday a very happy one. Room service was quick and efficient, morning coupon breakfast was wonderful, valet parking underground excellent, and our room was made up beautifully everyday.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel540, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Charlene,
Happy belated birthday!
Our Employees are the bloodline of our organisation, and I am pleased to see that our Team was able to make you feel comfortable and happy on such a special occasion.
We hope to see you again before your Birthday next year!
Merritt, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Our experience with Hotel 540 was great! Staff were very friendly and courteous. The room was very clean and was everything we asked for. We would definitely stay here again! They have underground parking so our car was safe and warm! The free breakfast was great as well because it was a real breakfast not continental.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear BobbyGar,
Great to hear such feedback, thank you for taking the time to write a review! I see you had the pleasure of trying the Breakfast from Blue. You will be pleased to hear that on weekends our restaurant is now serving Breakfast until 2pm! Saturday and Sunday are BrunchTime.Try our outdoor pool or Fitness Center in the morning, before heading down for hearty & healthy Breakfast Options.
We love having you as a Guest and look forward to accommodating you again.
Alexandre Ananou
Manager of Guest Experience.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was our 3rd trip to Kamloops but our first stay at Hotel 540, we will definitely be staying here for our future trips to watch our son play for the Blazers! Great location, walking distance to the rink, shopping and restaurants. Service was amazing, very pleasant employees.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Club Suite...overlooking the river...nice & sunny!
Dear Linda,
Thank you for reviewing our Hotel on Tripadvisor, and thank you for sharing such positive feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward on welcoming you back for your son's next game.
Salmon Arm, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have stayed at the Hotel 540 on three occasions. The location of the hotel was the reason for selecting it on my first stay. I booked again the following year as my first visit was pleasant and again the location was perfect. My third stay is what made me take the time to write this review. My husband had to have day surgery at the Hospital (only a few minutes drive from the hotel) -- so again -- location was great. The staff at this hotel are absolutely wonderful! I asked for a couple of extra pillows for my husband (He had to keep his upper body elevated after his surgery) and they gave me 4 nice big puffy pillows. I asked if I could get a cot in the room as I was concerned I about bumping him while I slept -- they offered me two choices: a room change from a king bed to two queen beds or a cot in the room. I chose the cot which was then promptly delivered to the room. No extra charge for the cot (usually a $20.00 fee). I asked for an extra blanket -- no problem -- we can bring that up for you right away. Check out time is at 11:00 am, my husband has to see the surgeon at 2:00 pm. So again I go down to the front desk and this time I ask if it is at all possible to get a later check out time -- I asked for a couple of hours and they said we could have the room till 4:00 pm! Never once did they make me feel like a bother for asking for so many things.
The food in the restaurant was delicious and the service good.
I Love the gym! (large assortment of new work out equipment, clean, bright, -- even had a bowl of complementary fresh apples)
The facility itself is very nice and clean, but it's the staff that will make your stay exceptional.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Heather,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I am very pleased to hear such great feedback! Our Staff is what makes the difference indeed, and we are proud to have exceptional team players who will go out of their way to make Guests feel comfortable.
Thank you for recommending us to other people; we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.
Warm Regards
Alexandre Ananou
Manager of Guest Experience.