“Super hotel”

Hotel 540
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I really liked this hotel. The rooms were clean and spacious (we had a corner room). The staff was so friendly and helpful. The hotel does look a bit dated from the outside but the rooms are nicely renovated. I liked the pitcher of cold lemony water and apples in the lobby.

The beds are very comfy. So comfy in fact I over slept by 90 minutes.

The location is great and so close to shopping, restaurants and the park. I would definitely stay here and again and highly recommend the Hotel 540.

The only negative was that there is a restaurant across the street with a patio and I could hear the noise from the people laughing and talking until it closed (I sleep with the window open).

Room Tip: A room at the back might be quieter if you sleep with the window open.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jaybirdq
Hotel540, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Jaybirdq,
Thanks for the great review! And thank you sharing it on Trip-Advisor. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, the lemony water and complimentary apples are just one of those extra little things we enjoy doing for our Guests. The Rooms facing north are very nice indeed, and they can be quieter too.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future Mr Jaybird.

There are newer reviews for Hotel 540

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel is nice and in a great area. But it may not be the family hotel that they advertise that it is. We were told to keep our kids quiet while playing "marco polo" in the pool to accommodate another event that was booked directly beside the pool :(

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cindy,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your feedback. We value Guest comments as it helps us improve our Service & Hotel Experience. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our location, rooms and cleanliness. That being said, we pride ourselves on having the best Guest Service Team in Kamloops and I am sincerely sorry if we were not able to live up to your expectations. Welcoming Families with Children is an integral part of our Hotel Vision, and one of the reason why we created our Outdoor Pool Area and changed the licensing in our restaurant. I hope you will give us another chance and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future.
I remain at your service for any questions you may have.
Alexandre Ananou
Manager of Guest Experience.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was our overnight stop off while travelling on The Rocky Mountaineer, the room was of a reasonable standard with King bed but small bathroom which required up dating. It is centrally located close to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Geoham,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I hope you enjoyed your Rocky Mountaineer Adventure, and I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and the Hotel's location. You will be pleased to hear that while 80% of our bathrooms have just recently been renovated, we will have the remaining rooms updated before the end of the year!
Wishing you a safe trip back home Geoham, I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at Hotel 540, I hadn't even heard of the place until our tour director told us we were staying there. Rooms were very roomy and very clean, comfortable beds made for a restful night. It's right downtown which provides easy access to many shops and restaurants. What really impressed me was how the hotel staff went above and beyond the call of duty. When we didn't receive our bags in Kamloops the night arrived there, not only did they assist in tracking down our bags and helping us get them, but they also provided amenity kits for all 15 people in our tour group to help us get through the night and even delivered them personally to our rooms. I have never seen a hotel do that before, I was super impressed by that. They ensured we had a comfortable night despite not having our bags. They had staff come in very early the next morning to help unload our bags when they arrived and even brought them up when we called to see if they had arrived. I would highly recommend this hotel while staying in Kamloops. They nailed everything right from the great clean rooms to the awesome staff who go above and beyond to ensure you have a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Hotel540, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Tswift0013,
Many thanks for sharing such great feedback on Trip Advisor! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Hospitality & Service. It is our responsibility to assist you in any way we can, and it's great to see we were able to go above and beyond for you. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your journey, we look forward to accommodating you again in the future!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the 540 hotel. The service was wonderful the staff went out of there way to help me. The remote for the tv was not working I went to the front desk and told them, they sent a staff member straight up and replaced the batteries. The room was so big and clean it was just like I was at home. The breakfasts that we had we wonderful the portions are huge the staff always were there to fill our coffee. The location of the 540 hotel is great everything you want is just a few blocks away and the casino is next door. I will always stay at the 540 I've stayed there 4 times so far and will return for another wonderful stay. Thank-you 540 for everything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel540, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear William,
Many Thanks for sharing your review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate all the great feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, location and hospitality. Breakfast at Blue is indeed an experience on its own...we pride ourselves on having Kamloop's best Breakfast, and it's great to see you enjoyed it! We look forward to welcoming you again William,
Alexandre Ananou, Manager of Guest Experience

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Put a bunch of Guiders in a hotel for a conference and they will have a good time. Good beds, bathroom could have done with a towel rack to hang towels, food at the conference was good which was supplied by the hotel. Parking cost $10 per night. Very friendly staff. Centrally located for easy walking in downtown Kamloops, Nice walk to their park on the river.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CndnGuider

Dear CndnGuider,
Thanks for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our conference facilities and friendly staff. Some of our bathrooms have just recently been renovated, which is why a handful of them still do not have a towel rack - I apologies for the inconvenience. It was a pleasure being your host and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Best Regards
Alexandre Ananou, Manager of Guest Experience.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

A clean, bright hotel with comfortable rooms in a great location right in downtown Kamloops - close to restaurants, parks, & shopping. Friendly service and ample parking, and no extra charges for wifi or parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cheryl,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed our great downtown location and hospitality. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future Cheryl.
Very Best