“July 2014” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
White Rock
“July 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was very impressed with Hotel 540. The staff were very accommodating when I needed to make changes to my reservation. The deluxe King room was very comfortable and was kept very clean by the hardworking staff. The pool side menu from Blue was exceptional especially the fish tacos. I would recommend staying at Hotel 540 overall great value for a nicely renovated hotel with hard working an welcoming staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Hotel540, Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review of the Hotel540 as we appreciate the input and the business. Many thanks for the amazing praise! We do work extremely hard to make sure our guests like yourself have a great stay. Isn't the pool great?! It is just like the Caribbean without the expensive airfare.

I would like to again thank you for the review and invite you back to stay with us soon! Please feel free to call me directly at 778-471-8032 or email jhanson@hotel540.ca .

Hotel540

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Courtenay, British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I must admit most of my stay at Hotel 540 was very good experience. My problem was stepping into a room that was described as a room with a king bed and finding a single queen bed or even double with a big headboard. It was insulting to think I wouldn't know. I thought I would complain the next morning but ended up having a great sleep and didn't bother.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Hotel540, Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review of the Hotel540 as we appreciate the input and the business. I am very sorry that we made a mistake with the room allocation. I would like to welcome you back so we can look after you much better! I am glad that you had a restful sleep and that the rest of your visit was good.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stopped in Kamloops on our way home in Seattle from Banff. We thought we would be staying in an average hotel and were pleasantly shocked when we walked in the doors! Don't let the old building and reasonable prices fool you. Classy place! We were instantly upgraded to a king room at no charge. Updated rooms are clean with comfortable beds and good linens. Bathroom is a little small but very nice. We decided to check out the rooftop pool and hot tub thinking it would be so/so. Not so! Cute cabanas with summer couches to get out of the sun. Super nice pool with lounge chairs and umbrellas...fluffy towels and POOLSIDE service...food and drinks!!! We could hardly believe our luck! The Brownstone Restaurant within walking distance was a gourmet meal and delightful wine. The next morning, not eager to leave...we were allowed to check out and hang out by the pool for as long as we liked! The staff at 540 were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were so pleased with the quality for the price that we are planning another trip back to Banff just to stay here at the 540! Kamloops! Who knew?!?!?!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank TheDans1
Hotel540, Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Good Morning,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review of the Hotel540 as we appreciate the input and the business. We are so happy you had a chance to really enjoy the brand new pool and hot tub! We have had many compliments recently on our pool service, great place to enjoy a cold beverage and watch the sunset. Our goal is to leave a positive lasting impression with each guest. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Fountain Valley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed at the Five 40 when in Kamloops on The Rocky Mountaineer The room looks very basic and dull but ended up being quite comfortable with good lighting and a comfortable bed We went to bed early since we needed to get up at 4:45 am to get back on the train. We heard doors closing and people talking at 3 am making it difficult to get a good nights sleep. In the morning they offered coffee or tea complimentary.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel540, Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Good Morning,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review of the Hotel540 as we appreciate the input and the business. Through each survey both positive and negative, it gives us the knowledge to better our business and improve the guest experience. I am very sorry to hear that there were some noisy guests in the hotel. It is our goal to ensure everyone has a restful sleep while at the hotel, given the opportunity, we would have addressed it immediately while you were staying with us. We are looking at new fabrics right now to brighten up the rooms that we feel will be a great feature to all the rooms.

I do hope you enjoyed the Rocky Mountaineer journey and took lots of photos! I would like to again thank you for the review. Please feel free to call me directly at 778-471-8032 or email jhanson@hotel540.ca .

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Downtown Kamloops is a great spot to stay; lots of good restaurants and interesting shops and a terrific park, all within a short walk. Hotel 540 was a nice surprise; the second floor pool and patio is terrific, like staying at a luxury resort. The hotel restaurant food was excellent (I LOVED the won ton soup; more like a veggie stew!) and all staff were friendly and helpful. The only negative is that the casino next door draws some unsavoury people, but I never felt unsafe and that type of concern happens in every city or town. Nice spot, nice value. We were there with my son's baseball team and had a fabulous time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Hotel540, Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Good Morning,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review of the Hotel540 as we appreciate the input and the business. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our roof-top urban oasis! It is very popular all season round, but more so in the summer. Step away from your room and enjoy some time in the sun, splash in the pool and enjoy a cold beverage from our licensed pool deck! I will pass along your compliments to our Chef Mitch Shafer as he really does enjoy the praise. Even though we have the Casino next door, I can assure you we are a very safe downtown hotel and take the security of our guests and employees very seriously. We have key swipe access to the hotel after hours and all day elevator lock-out to stop non-guests from accesssing the floors.

Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Already planning to get back there this time with friends. Absolutely everything you could want within 2 blocks. The rooms looked brand new and extremely clean. The roof top pool & the casino really make the experience complete.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Hotel540, Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Good Morning,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review of the Hotel540 as we appreciate the input and the business. So glad to hear you are coming back to visit us again! Be sure to join our PERKS Loyalty Program if you haven't already as it gives you discounts at local establishments as well as Aeroplan points plus lots more.

Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The property wipes well kept and the concierge and housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool on the roof was a pleasant surprise , the exercise area was missing a few free weights to make pairs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Hotel540, Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review of the Hotel540 as we appreciate the input and for the business. We take great pride in the hotel and ensuring guests have the best possible experience. I am extremely sorry about the weights, they did a bit of a walk to the pool deck to enjoy the sun a couple cold beers, but have staggered back to their rightful home on the rack.

I would like to again thank you for the review and invite you back to stay with us again soon!