“First time at the hotel. Very pleased. Usually stay at the sister hotel, Thompson Inn”
Review of Hotel 540

Hotel 540
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Good stay. Room quiet. Just need somewhere to hang wet/damp towels etc.

Don't need 118 characters to go. I have said all I need to say. Let me out of the box. But I can't get out until I use up all teh characters. Now that is an aggrevation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Vancouver
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great downtown location, very nice pool/spa, very friendly staff and some nice restaurant menu items. WiFi Internet access performance was poor during my stay but that's a simple problem for management to address.
I'll stay there again next time I visit Kamloops.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Richmond
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We recently stayed at Hotel540 as we were in town for a friends wedding. I found the hotel through Trivago and really had no idea what to expect other than what I had seen on the website.
I was thrilled to find the experience surpassed my expectations. It was a great stay. Clean, modern, fresh, excellent service, beautiful room. The pool and hot tub were amazing and the neighbourhood was close to everything you could want. Staff were friendly, food was great and we actually booked an extra night because we didn't want to go home. 5 out of 5!!!!! I'll definitely go back!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The staff went out of their way to be friendly and welcoming. The pool area is fantastic. Great to have food and beverage service available in the pool area while we relaxed with views of Kamloops. We'll be back.

Whitehorse

Your Review
Hotel staff was very nice & pool area was great. Family room price is high for the room. Overall it was a very good stay, would stay again. Parking area and location are convenient to shopping& restaurants.

Thanks

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Grand Cayman
Reviewed 20 August 2014

When you arrive, the hotel doesn't look like much from the outside but on the inside it has been newly refurbished. The staff are friendly and helpful. There was also a deal on where you got free parking if you had breakfast. Since we were doing a road trip we chose the breakfast to give us a good start. I'm not sure if it's worth the $16 if you're not a big eater like me, but quality wise it is definitely one of the better breakfasts I've had in a hotel buffet style breakfast.

If you're looking for a hotel in Kamloops, then I would recommend this one. There are also a few restaurants within walking distance if you are looking for somewhere to eat.

torrance
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here during a stopover on our Vancouver-to-Banff Rocky Mountaineer trip. Without doing any research I just assumed Kamloops would be a "1 Stoplight" town and the hotel would be modest at best. Instead, the hotel room was clean, neat, roomy enough for our 1 night layover, and quiet (even though we were on a street facing room). We walked around town a bit and enjoyed a great meal at the annual "Rib Fest" event held at the park by the waterfront. Can't comment on the price of the room since it was part of the package, but the furnishings were great.