“Great Hotel”

Hotel 540
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Love the hotel, great dinner, great room, Great Front Desk Staff. The appearance on the outside of the hotel doesn't do the hotel justice. Beautiful rooms, minus the casino noisy at night. I would come back based on the the service and the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Hotel540GM, General Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2010

Dear Victoria54,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback. As part of our current renovation we do have some scaffolding on the rooms (note these rooms are taken out of service and closed off on the hallways) on the outside of the hotel. While it is admittedly unsightly, it does not and obviously did not affect your experience ! Glad you hear you enjoyed the room, hotel and great service from our team. We have and continue to work hard to make sure each guest experience exceeds their expecations.

Best Regards,

Bryan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,595)

Reviewed 8 October 2010

Reasonable sized rooms with the usual facilities.

On site restaurant had a few problems. Very slow breakfast service. We were lucky as we were one of the first guests to arrive for breakfast at 6:30 am and had to leave the hotel at 7:30 am. Many of our fellow guests left before their meals had arrived, as they were also on a a tight schedule.

• Stayed: October 2010

Dear Jakey10,

Thanks for taking the time to share of your experience. We are in the process of sharing and reviewing our procedures with our restaurant service team. Sometimes there are "rushes" which unfortunately slows down service- certainly not an excuse, but rather a condition of the business we are in and we will use your feedback to improve. I apologize for the inconvenience you were caused, but glad to see this did not affect your schedule. We are working on "reasonable" to be "fantastic". Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

The hotel itself was good, however the street outside became a local drag strip after 10pm - not exactly ideal when you're staying with children! The noise carried on until the small hours, when it was accompanied from the sound of people leaving the hotel casino, rather worse for wear! If I had to stay in Kamloops again, I think I would definitely stay out of town! Shame as the hotel was of a good standard and newly renovated.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ljmac28

Dear ljmac28,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Having young children myself, I know how precious sleep is (for us and them !) Unfortunately this happens from time to time outside hotels - sometimes downtown, sometimes in suburban areas. My apology for the inconvenience this and the people traffic caused you. The good news is, as part of our current phase of renovation, we are installing new windows and frames (all rooms now have this that are being sold) that are not only energy efficient, but will reduce noise as well ! I am pleased to read you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and I hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 11 August 2010

When we arrived in Kamloops we were not very optimistic on accomadation. We saw Hotel Five540forty and were a bit doubtful but on entering the hotel we were plesently suprised. The Hotel was spotlessly clean.Room was lovely and had a fantastic sleep! We ate in the bar/resturant the food was really nice it was the nicest we had had on our holiday. The breakfast we got the next morning was really nice also the portions were very substancial it kept us going past lunch time! The staff we encountered were really friendly and willing to assist us what ever way they could!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear HappyDays28,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to see you enjoyed the service, room and meals at Hotel 540. As for the outside appearance, you will be pleased to read that we have recently had the outside of the hotel refinished / painted / new signage and are in the final stages of some new windows on our east wing. The lobby was also refinished since you stayed with us. We look forward to seeing you again and again !

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2010

The team at Hotel 540 did a great job looking after our board meeting. I was most impressed with the well executed renovation program at the hotel. The rooms are looking very nice and are comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Hotel540GM, General Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2010

Dear EllieDufresne,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others. We are very proud of our newly renovated hotel, and are continually working to ensure the service is exceeding expectations as our product does. Glad to hear your meeting went well and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2010

On the outside there is still the old name of the hotel, but the rooms are modern and newly renovated. The lobby and the garage are still very shabby and the front desk staff turned out to be very unhelpful and rude. All in all a nice hotel if you stay in your room and avoid the front desk!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I travelled to Kamloops on business this week, my business was downtown so I chose to stay at Hotel 540 because of its location. When I arrived I could tell right away that the hotel had been recently renovated. I was checked-in right away and informed that I could park for free in the underground, secured lot. My room was awesome. What I expect to find in a larger city, new furniture, new carpets, flat-screen tv's! There was a breakfast restaurant open early enough (630AM) that I was able to enjoy a nice breakfast prior to attending my meeting. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and the food in the lobby lounge was delicious. I travel to Kamloops quite frequently on business and Hotel 540 will now be my first choice, I'm glad I decided to give them a try!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business