“Over Time”

The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #11 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I will continue to stay at the Thompson or 540 and will recommend to others to as well. It was convenient to have the sunrise room and to bring my family some food to the room. The large soap and shampoo in the shower was great to have because we stayed for a week.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jocelyn B, Manager at The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Jody C,
Many Thanks for sharing your review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate all the great feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, location and hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel as a prelude to a trip on the Rocky Mountaineer train. The room was nice with two queen-sized beds. Our room was in the main street with a busy railway yard but well insulated and therefore quiet. And apparently train drivers are not allowed to blow the whistle within the town’s limits.
I found it a pity, though, that there was no safe in our room, and that the vanity counter in the bathroom was too low for my frame.
There are plenty restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Jocelyn B, Manager at The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear VanRiebeeck,
Many Thanks for sharing your review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate all the great feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, location and hospitality. Thank you for your feedback regarding the in rooms safe request. We currently have safety deposit boxes located at our front desk.We hope you have a great trip with Rocky Mountaineer.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Bathroom needed some minor repairs,toilet seat was blistered and cracked the shower wall had holes where the rod was replaced and they should be filled. The bathroom tub grout needed cleaning or replacing did not look clean

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Mary Catherine ... C

Dear Mary Catherine,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Thompson Hotel. We appologize that your stay was not up to your standards or ours. We take these matters very seriously and can assure you that we will be dealing with this immediatley. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Thompson Hotel.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here on our most recent family trip to Kamloops. We found the hotel and the staff very welcoming and friendly. The room was spacious and very clean with fun little notes from the housekeepers. My sons spent the whole time using the pool, and the games room with the pool table and the foosball table. Great things to have for the family!!! We will definitely stay here next time we are in Kamloops!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear P_Fleming 2014,
Many thanks for sharing such great feedback on Trip Advisor! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Hospitality & Service. We are happy that the pool and games rooms was a big hit, families love this area.. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your journey, we look forward to accommodating you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The whole experience was terrific. Clean, clean, clean!!! People at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Always smiling and attentive to our needs. Thank you so much and will definitely stay with you again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ms. Stacey Joseph,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves on keep our property looking its best. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future. I will make sure we pass all your comment on to our Housekeeping staff.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were booked in here for an overnight Rocky Mountaineer stop.
The room was clean and comfortable, but like a lot of hotel rooms these days, was lit by several small peripheral lights, and lacked a good bright central light.
The staff were polite and helpful, and we had no problems.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jocelyn B, Manager at The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Tenorman41,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. We appreciate the feeback regarding our lighting. I do hope that you enjoyed your the rest of your Rocky Mountain experience.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

It's the little things - if you're paying this much for a hotel room you expect an noteworthy experience. I had a view of the parking lot and there was no privacy screens on the windows, just big heavy curtains that blocked out all the light - can't I get dressed in the natural light? The girl at the front told me the continental breakfast included would be there until 11am - it wasn't. Single-ply toilet paper! And not to mention the smallest bathroom I perhaps have ever seen in a hotel room. They put these cute little inspiring notes on the mirror, but I think mine was left over from the guest before me because it was addressed to a different name. Wheels on the bed sticking out so that I banged my foot on it walking by. Honestly, I might as well have stayed at any other hotel. I woke up hot in the middle of the night though apparently the air conditioner was already on - I had to turn on the fan and then it was too cold and noisy. Putting a bath robe in the room does not make it worth an extra $50-75/night. Also, althought the counter staff here were friendly and helpful (except for the misinformation about breakfast), I was staying for an event at the 540 (owed by the same company) and the staff there was really unhelpful. Also the restaurant in the 540 was extrememly mediocre - food was okay but the wine list was lacking and they had badly-made cocktails (powdered mixes?).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ya Z,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.I am extremely sorry to hear of the situation that you encountered. We take these matters very seriously and can assure you that we will continue to work on our training programs with all our staff from housekeeping to guest services. We take pride in all our guest service abilities and appogize that these were not met. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to come see us again.