“onthemove” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hospitality Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hospitality Inn
Ranked #43 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Auburn, California
“onthemove”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

great view tired rooms need rehab front desk ok bed good close to town 4 min drive

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Spent this past weekend at the Hospitality Inn. It is situated on a hillside as you drive down into downtown Kamloops. It is a bit of a walk from the motel to downtown, but only a four minute drive.
The Motel has a series of lower one story suites that have a fantastic view of the city, the Thompson River and the dusty mountains surrounding Kamloops. The rooms are basic motel rooms... nothing fancy... a bit worn... stained carpets, average furnishings. But I was not interested in luxury. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. It has a great heated swimming pool that also overlooks the view. One evening while standing on the grassy hillside that is right outside the motel room's sliding door, the northern lights appeared and danced clear across the valley for about twenty minutes! Spectacular!! I paid seventy dollars for a single room per night. I enjoyed the pool immensely, the view, the small kitchen suite. I would definitely stay here again. It felt like a real holiday and I was in Kamloops to support an event my son was participating in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank fifi_lacarnivali
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

The management is very rude and need to work on their PR skills. The place is crawling with bugs and we were afraid to even sleep on the bed. Management was informed but showed a don't care attitude. Even if this is your last resort keep driving.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Kamloops hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

Nice clean rooms quiet beautiful view awsome view of sunset check out there websites to see pictures

• Stayed May 2011
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

Very disappointed with this hotel. The view does not make up for lousy customer service, unaccommodating hotel staff, loud and disruptive neighbors, etc. I could go on and on about this bloody rat's nest. I had a pleasure (barf!) of staying here with a group for about a month due to work obligations in town. I know I will not be returning nor recommending this god awful hotel to anyone. A friend's parked car was hit in the parking lot during the night and hotel management did absolutely nothing to help them investigate into the hit and run. Perhaps it was another guest staying at the hotel, you think? My friend ended up leaving because of this incident. I wish she could have took me with her!

Reading previous reviews, yes it's true....the plumbing is problematic. Hot water can run out (which is strange for a hotel). Flushing toilets are prone to getting stuck and running constantly along with overflowing. Showers are very low and do not accommodate taller guests. The rooms could use a overhaul in cleaning more thoroughly. In the end, I DO NOT RECOMMEND this place. God awful!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank WorldAdventures
Edmonton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2007

We stayed here for three days with our organization a few years ago. The rooms were worn down, carpets ripped, stains on walls, toilets had some weird problem, ice machine was not working and steam room/shower out of order. It is clealry a place that does not care to do any upgrades or its customers.

On top of that, I had signed on behalf of my organization for 4 rooms and they charged me for an extra room for the three nights. It turns out that another individual from some other group said they were with our organization after we had checked out. They charged our group the $300 some dollars and I wasn't able to retrieve it. They should have charged the other group, but there great hospitality staff did not get the credit card number from them. Hence the question, why charge me? A hard lesson learned. Dealing with management was a very poor experience and the staff needs some work in Customer Service Representation. Management does not know how to deal with issues and need proper business training. Be careful if considering this place as a group event.

I could go on, but I won't. We go to Kamloops every year and choose our hotels carefully know. There is no hospitality in the Hospitality Inn and a good reason why it is ranked 30 out of 34 for hotels by customers.

Never going here again.

• Liked — The view of the mountain from the pool.
  • Disliked — Everything besides the view of the mountain from the pool.
  • Stayed August 2003
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Sports4Life
chilliwack
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2007

We will never stay here again! The room had a nice view, but the windows were stained with moisture so bad you could barely appreciate it. The sliding patio door was not working....believe me we tried. The toilet was constantly flushing, the carpets were torn and the walls were stained. I mentioned all of the above to the desk clerk on departure and was informed that this was the only room the hadn't renovated.......hmmmm, why charge me full rate? I should have been informed when I checked in.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy accomidations for competitive rates. i.e. same prices/rm as clean motels
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)