“Fraudlent Charges / Poor Service (Horrible)”
Review of Hospitality Inn

Hospitality Inn
Ranked #45 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Edmonton
“Fraudlent Charges / Poor Service (Horrible)”
Reviewed 5 June 2007

We stayed here for three days with our organization a few years ago. The rooms were worn down, carpets ripped, stains on walls, toilets had some weird problem, ice machine was not working and steam room/shower out of order. It is clealry a place that does not care to do any upgrades or its customers.

On top of that, I had signed on behalf of my organization for 4 rooms and they charged me for an extra room for the three nights. It turns out that another individual from some other group said they were with our organization after we had checked out. They charged our group the $300 some dollars and I wasn't able to retrieve it. They should have charged the other group, but there great hospitality staff did not get the credit card number from them. Hence the question, why charge me? A hard lesson learned. Dealing with management was a very poor experience and the staff needs some work in Customer Service Representation. Management does not know how to deal with issues and need proper business training. Be careful if considering this place as a group event.

I could go on, but I won't. We go to Kamloops every year and choose our hotels carefully know. There is no hospitality in the Hospitality Inn and a good reason why it is ranked 30 out of 34 for hotels by customers.

Never going here again.

• Liked — The view of the mountain from the pool.
  • Disliked — Everything besides the view of the mountain from the pool.
  • Stayed August 2003
1 Thank Sports4Life

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
chilliwack
Reviewed 7 April 2007

We will never stay here again! The room had a nice view, but the windows were stained with moisture so bad you could barely appreciate it. The sliding patio door was not working....believe me we tried. The toilet was constantly flushing, the carpets were torn and the walls were stained. I mentioned all of the above to the desk clerk on departure and was informed that this was the only room the hadn't renovated.......hmmmm, why charge me full rate? I should have been informed when I checked in.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy accomidations for competitive rates. i.e. same prices/rm as clean motels
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Kamloops hotels

Yarmouth, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2006

My family (2 adults, 2 teens) stayed here during a visit to the area to see friends. It is an older motel, but it is stable -- no loud partying or undesirable folks about. The view was nice and the pool overlooked the city.

The motel itself is older and the air conditioner made alot of noise to try to sleep. The room size was average, as was the bathroom. It was nice to have a small fridge in the room for juice in the morning. The check in after hours (after 11 pm) was difficult. We had to use the push button intercom that didn't work and had to wait in the deserted parking lot for someone to come and check us in. Initially he was annoyed because we didn't talk to him on the intercom, but when I told him the thing didn't work, he was more understanding. The hot tub is small and not ventilated, so we couldn't stay long in the room without overheating. It appeared a number of college students rented long term from this motel, but it was still very nice.

Good value for the money, but if you are looking for a place with all the bells and whistles, look elsewhere.

• Liked — pool, view and location
  • Disliked — noisy air conditioner in room
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 July 2004

This was one of the nicest motels i have ever stayed in! The rooms looked new and very are clean. The staff was also very kind and helped us in every way they could. The best thing about this motel though, is the view! it was simply amazing....it took my breath away. Every night i would sit outside on the grass with my family and just look at the beautiful view of the city. It was truly a vaction i will never forget....and i owe alot of that to that motel. I look forward to staying there in the future!!!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member